Wolves PL (A) | Post Match Discussion

In the grand scheme of things, losing to Wolves is no biggie, whereas losing to Arse would be.. I'd rather a defeat against Wolves than Arsenal.
I think that the team will be set up differently to how it was yesterday in the next 2 games.
I also think that Pep didn't want any further injuries to the players so instructed them accordingly.
Also he didn't seem unduly worried by the outcome.
We shall see.
Losing to Arsenal wouldn't matter half as much if we didnt lose yesterday though? So yes it absolutely is a biggie as I doubt any other rivals will be dropping points there. Im not understanding your thinking in saying this.
Yesterday has arguably put more pressure on city to not lose vs Arsenal considering injuries and suspensions at the moment.

Wolves won the tactical battle. They'd have been delighted with a draw, the victory was a bonus.

Credit to them for a job well done.
I agree, despite Citys domination of the ball -which is to be expected- a city win wouldn't have been a fair result which is worrying and cant be spun as a positive in any way to me.

The disallowed goal seemed mad, very rushed..red cards though, like Rodri's had to be given....weal first yellow for Jota but his second was a yellow all day...as for Rodri ..that was a sending off pre Christmas style back in the day. He seemed like he was dying to get sent off. Very un Rodri like! (must have a wedding to go to!!!) Arsenal with no decent CM's...fk
Interesting,

For me a bit of petulant hand bags (Rodri) does not deserve a Red.

A dangerous challenge that can end a career or cause series injury should be a Red all day long.

We are lucky to still be top after that, but it is inevitable losing so many creative midfielders that we will lose or draw games we normally would have been expected to win. Hopefully we can get Haaland and Alvarez enough service to get past Arsenal, but even a point would be good enough in the circumstances.

They looked more likely to score because we play high and try to be positive. Our opponents quite often have what look they the better chances because we don't sit back and pack our defence. It's a risk of how City play but the rewards usually justify it over the course of a season.
Yes. Hopefully we can put this down to a collective off day. The lad marking Doku did a very effective job on him and we never really played down our other flank until Jack Grealish came on so we never got behind them after Haaland almost capitolised on a semi-pull back. After that we got nullified by a traffic jam in their area.

We are lucky to still be top after that, but it is inevitable losing so many creative midfielders that we will lose or draw games we normally would have been expected to win. Hopefully we can get Haaland and Alvarez enough service to get past Arsenal, but even a point would be good enough in the circumstances.
Why are we lucky? We have more points than any other team, was all that luck? Yes but if they would have won and the other would have won we wouldn’t be top!!
Well we are and deserve to be as we have more points than anyone else.
Some of the comments on here are ridiculous

Losing to Arsenal wouldn't matter half as much if we didnt lose yesterday though? So yes it absolutely is a biggie as I doubt any other rivals will be dropping points there. Im not understanding your thinking in saying this.
Yesterday has arguably put more pressure on city to not lose vs Arsenal considering injuries and suspensions at the moment.
Is John back?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.