Wolves PL (A) | Post Match Discussion

I do wonder if the quality of our current midfielders is to blame. At present Kovacic and Nunes are great ball carriers. But they don't release the ball as quick as Gundogan/Bernardo etc. The issue with this is when you dribble the ball twenty yards higher up and lose it you're even more susceptible to the counter.

We know KDB is high risk but when he tries he's often behind the ball. Yesterday Kovacic and Nunes are ahead of the ball so the opposition can get at us directly.

Second yellow all day, complete joke.

Agreed, and since people will sometimes let a ref off the hook, if the first one was soft. I've just gone back to look at the challenge which Hwang did get a yellow(24th min) for as well. No such excuse here, it was almost as bad as the one on Walker if anything: Studs up, way above knee level, bringing his foot down on Akanji's foot after he'd volleyed the ball.

The fact that MOTD ignored this is annoying too. If it happened against any of their darling clubs, they are all over the ref about this, with their violins out for the red shirts. It's a disgrace, as Drogba would say.

Off definitely.. over the top

I think it was with today's rules. We would have seen red if it was Phillips or someone.. we just wouldn't have tried to start a national day of mourning!
I think we would have been complaining about it.....

No intent to hurt, no excessive force...plays the ball....yes his foot goes over the top but thats after it hits the ball .....i think the fact that so many people from so many clubs are saying it puts at least doubt over it at the very least.

And this is where the problem lies......most decisions in football are subjective.....besides offside and goals.....fans have to to stop making excuses for results due decisions in games....

Should the guy have been sent off in the wolves game.....possibly... However again if it was us Id feel hard done by..... again there was no mallice in it and yes its a foul but its an attempt to play the ball on the stretch. He doesnt endanger the player...

I personally want to see 11 vs 11 in games. However, we are seeing it more than ever with players trying to get each other sent off and its spoiling the game....and its fueled by media and social media....The game has become more about the narratives than the skill and the tactics. Rodri was sent off for us but in reality he grabs the guy but in the real world the guy doesnt fall about on the floor holding his head....

I personally believe the bar has been set too low for cards/sendings off...yes if its endangering an opponent/deliberate foul play/cheating/high tackles etc or if a player is clearly becoming aggressive with a series of challenges. However it's a physical contact sport.

I will say I do agree with the rules about crowding the ref however being cards....

I think we would have been complaining about it.....

No intent to hurt, no excessive force...plays the ball....yes his foot goes over the top but thats after it hits the ball .....i think the fact that so many people from so many clubs are saying it puts at least doubt over it at the very least.

And this is where the problem lies......most decisions in football are subjective.....besides offside and goals.....fans have to to stop making excuses for results due decisions in games....

Should the guy have been sent off in the wolves game.....possibly... However again if it was us Id feel hard done by..... again there was no mallice in it and yes its a foul but its an attempt to play the ball on the stretch. He doesnt endanger the player...

I personally want to see 11 vs 11 in games. However, we are seeing it more than ever with players trying to get each other sent off and its spoiling the game....and its fueled by media and social media....The game has become more about the narratives than the skill and the tactics. Rodri was sent off for us but in reality he grabs the guy but in the real world the guy doesnt fall about on the floor holding his head....

I personally believe the bar has been set too low for cards/sendings off...yes if its endangering an opponent/deliberate foul play/cheating/high tackles etc or if a player is clearly becoming aggressive with a series of challenges. However it's a physical contact sport.

I will say I do agree with the rules about crowding the ref however being cards....
Worse 2 years ago, the refs had a leniancy talk last season. Still way too soft but a lot more was let go last season

Worse 2 years ago, the refs had a leniancy talk last season. Still way too soft but a lot more was let go last season
I think there is a lot that needs reviewing as far as the rules go but again the problem is that a lot of the rules are subjective so its never going to be right for everyone.

Agreed, and since people will sometimes let a ref off the hook, if the first one was soft. I've just gone back to look at the challenge which Hwang did get a yellow(24th min) for as well. No such excuse here, it was almost as bad as the one on Walker if anything: Studs up, way above knee level, bringing his foot down on Akanji's foot after he'd volleyed the ball.

The fact that MOTD ignored this is annoying too. If it happened against any of their darling clubs, they are all over the ref about this, with their violins out for the red shirts. It's a disgrace, as Drogba would say.
Amen to all that. I was at the game and have only just watched the MOTD highlights - how that is not a second yellow beggars belief. Not only no mention on MOTD but I noticed that when they showed the replay of the incident, the editing then immediately cut away...almost as if deliberately saying that there's nothing to see here. They've given up even trying to be subtle about it.

Amen to all that. I was at the game and have only just watched the MOTD highlights - how that is not a second yellow beggars belief. Not only no mention on MOTD but I noticed that when they showed the replay of the incident, the editing then immediately cut away...almost as if deliberately saying that there's nothing to see here. They've given up even trying to be subtle about it.
Yep and no doubt there will be blues here trying to take all focus off it as well. At the end of the day, no amount of spin will change the fact that this would very likely have been the difference between 0 points and 3 points. For some, it's probably the other side of forgetting what it's like to be shit.

There is no: "Ah we probably didn't deserve it because we didn't play our normal game, we were poor. So it doesn't matter if the ref had an absolute stinker for us there",

It's only this: "Deserving it? I'll take the 3 points however they come mate, it was the wrong decision and the correct one would have changed the game for us"

If you can't have a little moan about that, when can you? We'll still move on come the next game but it doesn't mean we should accept the poor standards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.