Wolves PL (A) | Post Match Discussion

I think there is a lot that needs reviewing as far as the rules go but again the problem is that a lot of the rules are subjective so its never going to be right for everyone.
Agreed the game was better when we just booed the ref or lino...or had a laugh at them ...now its all silly lines, manipulated, they just make up the lines to suit a narrative. They rarely consider when the ball is actually leaving the players foot etc. VAR / Media / Social Media childish tribalism all makes the modern game a bit shit

I think we would have been complaining about it.....

No intent to hurt, no excessive force...plays the ball....yes his foot goes over the top but thats after it hits the ball .....i think the fact that so many people from so many clubs are saying it puts at least doubt over it at the very least.

And this is where the problem lies......most decisions in football are subjective.....besides offside and goals.....fans have to to stop making excuses for results due decisions in games....

Should the guy have been sent off in the wolves game.....possibly... However again if it was us Id feel hard done by..... again there was no mallice in it and yes its a foul but its an attempt to play the ball on the stretch. He doesnt endanger the player...

I personally want to see 11 vs 11 in games. However, we are seeing it more than ever with players trying to get each other sent off and its spoiling the game....and its fueled by media and social media....The game has become more about the narratives than the skill and the tactics. Rodri was sent off for us but in reality he grabs the guy but in the real world the guy doesnt fall about on the floor holding his head....

I personally believe the bar has been set too low for cards/sendings off...yes if its endangering an opponent/deliberate foul play/cheating/high tackles etc or if a player is clearly becoming aggressive with a series of challenges. However it's a physical contact sport.

I will say I do agree with the rules about crowding the ref however being cards....
Clear excessive force. Endangering a player. Red card.

This is what happens when you have no creativity. No Bernardo. No KDB. Gundo gone. Haaland is a passenger without service. Our bench is not what it was. Pep likes a challenge and he will get it right. I think Doku is worth his place. He's one of the few that can create chances now. Grealish is non existent. Cannot beat his man. Thought Bob did very well. We need key players back quickly. As long as we can stay in the pack when KDB back we will be ok.

As for Liverpool offside, that has only convinced me even further that no proper check was done before 'the hand of Rod' moment. If the fact that we didn't get any confirmation that they were doing an offside check(since when don't they tell comms what the check is for?) during the game and we didn't see anything that looked like one on screen(again since when does this happen?) weren't enough to cast doubt on Lampard's claims. The NBC in-house offside check was enough proof for me(offside, therefore voided) but the Kloppites will still claim it was a robbery, even though it wasn't anything like the last game of the season.

I'm not asking anyone to 'trust my judgement', I'm just expressing my opinion. There's no need to play high and mighty with me.

In my opinion, Pep's tactics (particularly in the absence of KDB) are more suited to a more cerebral type of player than Haaland.

The thing with Haaland is that he'll probably score a hat-trick against Arsenal next week. He's an enigma.
Yes, you're expressing an opinion and pep has his. Alvarez can play CF and Foden can adapt to that role, but Pep, quite rightly expects his players, even minus Bernardo, Kevin and co to be able to thread the ball through the gaps to Erling. In fact, I expect any pro footballer, especially a Prem player on £100k a week to be able to put the ball where they want to. That's why they're pro footballers and the rest of us aren't.

Is Erling an enigma? In the opinion of many he is. When Erling played against us for Dortmund, he was quiet in both games, but nevertheless some of his lay offs were absolutely world class. Some aspects of his game seem to go unnoticed.

Agreed, and since people will sometimes let a ref off the hook, if the first one was soft. I've just gone back to look at the challenge which Hwang did get a yellow(24th min) for as well. No such excuse here, it was almost as bad as the one on Walker if anything: Studs up, way above knee level, bringing his foot down on Akanji's foot after he'd volleyed the ball.

The fact that MOTD ignored this is annoying too. If it happened against any of their darling clubs, they are all over the ref about this, with their violins out for the red shirts. It's a disgrace, as Drogba would say.
City need to be all over these decisions. Call pgmol and demand an apology aka the scousers.

You get nothing but fucked until you make a fuss. The wolves player should have been sent off. It was a mistake that cost us a point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.