Wolves PL (A) | Post Match Discussion

I think it was more that Nunes presence was creating a more hostile atmosphere for the rest. He looked OK when he was on. He's only beeb working with Pep a few weeks.
I didn't think he was effective at all on Saturday. However, totally agree with fact he's only been here a few weeks. May not see brilliant things from him until the 2nd half of the season.

This post is good coverage on Phillips -

And it also shows the importance of Rodri's role on the team at linking the play and how complex that role is. Phillips main strengths appear to be ball winning and giving the ball to someone else. Not dictating the game.

I'm curious about this week's games as they present a different challenge. We won't be facing a deep block. Having Bernardo or Stones back would be a big positive.

The genius of Rodri is that he plays a position that most football teams would need two players for. He breaks up play, always provides an outlet for a pass, and creatively starts and joins in with the attacks. He's basically doing what Silva and Ferna used to do for us.

I think it was more that Nunes presence was creating a more hostile atmosphere for the rest. He looked OK when he was on. He's only beeb working with Pep a few weeks.
That's how I viewed it, him being on the pitch was adding spice to a game where it really didn't need it.

Not saying it would have ended any differently had he not played at all, but it gave their fans something to get them going.

Wolves wanted it more than us players waiting for something to happen instead of making it happen. Hopefully just a 1 off

the whole body language of the players was wrong, it was like OK let's just get this out of the way.
Did we really test their keeper? or look like scoring other than the freekick, Maybe too many players had a bad day and with Pep in the stand they did not have Pep shouting orders at them

The genius of Rodri is that he plays a position that most football teams would need two players for. He breaks up play, always provides an outlet for a pass, and creatively starts and joins in with the attacks. He's basically doing what Silva and Ferna used to do for us.

The myth is the defender comes holding midfield player in John Stones, Also the inverted fullbacks gives Rodri a free role to move into places that other teams need 2 players to cover.

My fear when Rodri was sent off and missed 3 games was the injury to John Stones

You're quite right about what players should be able to do. It's a shame that they seem to have been unable to do it for the last couple of games. We're poor without Rodri, Bernardo and KDB.

As for 'some aspects' of Haaland's game going unnoticed, that's probably because he doesn't display them very often... He's an out and out goalscorer, that's 99.9% of his game. If his supply line is broken, he may as well not play, because the other 0.1% of his game isn't actually very good.

When it comes to contributing to the game during a barren spell, he ain't no Harry Kane, that's for sure.
Until about four years ago, Harry Kane used to get all of the 'Only touched the ball fifteen times during the game, but scored two' comments. He's since developed his game into a dropping deep occasional creator - awesome. Erling's game is all about getting into the right space at the right time - pulls defenders way out of position. Personally, I love it. Has anyone scored more this season in a spell that we're told is lacking his usual goals?

Until about four years ago, Harry Kane used to get all of the 'Only touched the ball fifteen times during the game, but scored two' comments. He's since developed his game into a dropping deep occasional creator - awesome. Erling's game is all about getting into the right space at the right time - pulls defenders way out of position. Personally, I love it. Has anyone scored more this season in a spell that we're told is lacking his usual goals?

It's not about Haaland 'lacking goals', every player goes through a poor spell. He'll be back scoring regularly again before we know it.

The issue for me is that he lacks the ability to play an effective 'non-scoring' role for City, and imo is not likely to be around long enough to learn to do so.

Comparison with Harry Kane is made purely because that's who Pep (apparently) wanted to sign before any move was made for Haaland.

Kane is a goalscoring footballer, who can operate very effectively from deep or from midfield - absolutely perfect for a Pep system. He's head and shoulders above Haaland in terms of all-round ability.

As I said, Haaland will be scoring regularly again soon - hopefully a few against Arsenal. It's just a shame that his supply lines have been broken recently.

he's not superman, its just with Gundo fucking off, KDB constantly injured, Bernardo injured and makeshift midfielder Stones on the treatment table we've run out of players that used to carry us through KDB's annual leave. Just goes to show how stupid Rhodri was to react like he did over a nothing incident.

he's not superman, its just with Gundo fucking off, KDB constantly injured, Bernardo injured and makeshift midfielder Stones on the treatment table we've run out of players that used to carry us through KDB's annual leave. Just goes to show how stupid Rhodri was to react like he did over a nothing incident.

Rodri, not Rhodri.

We shouldn't be utterly dependent on Rodri. The team is full of star players, they should be capable of winning vs Wolves without Rodri.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.