Wolves PL (A) | Post Match Discussion

We started a game with 3 players that hadnt played 15 games between them, then brought another inexperienced one on. City win games on an experienced team knowing each other like th back of their hand, we didnt in this game.

Nunes & kovacic are good when they come in with experienced players round them, for this game they where key players, doesnt work at all. Doku different, he is a fighter.

We didnt have bernardo / kdb / rodri / stones. All four of those would be starters in a major cup final.

We need to stop being dragged in to a dog fight with teams, make them play our game than play in to their hands. Wolves did what is required to beat city on an off day, fair play to them for free kicks / escaping yellow cards / faking injuries, play dirty to win.

We where the better team, our football was better, but they scored more goals and battled in a hard fought game.

Be good to see the experienced team back.

We started a game with 3 players that hadnt played 15 games between them, then brought another inexperienced one on. City win games on an experienced team knowing each other like th back of their hand, we didnt in this game.

Nunes & kovacic are good when they come in with experienced players round them, for this game they where key players, doesnt work at all. Doku different, he is a fighter.

We didnt have bernardo / kdb / rodri / stones. All four of those would be starters in a major cup final.

We need to stop being dragged in to a dog fight with teams, make them play our game than play in to their hands. Wolves did what is required to beat city on an off day, fair play to them for free kicks / escaping yellow cards / faking injuries, play dirty to win.

We where the better team, our football was better, but they scored more goals and battled in a hard fought game.

Be good to see the experienced team back.
We demand a replay!!!

Hey City fans hope you don’t mind me having a say on your forum,you’re still the best team in the world and a joy to watch.like all of you I never expected that result on Saturday,I was there and we did have luck to be honest,ref shocking we should have been down to ten men,sometimes it can come down to something money can’t buy,that’s team spirit,a few of your players seemed a bit lacking of that on Saturday,but you all go every week and know how awesome your team can be,just an off day on Saturday,you will be champions again this year ,just hope we can stay up,all the best to you all

More teams doing this I anticipate now.

This is a good point, especially on the dictating the tempo and then contributing offensively.

Way too many forced passes in the first half trying to find Haaland who was then isolated and closed off by 4 Wolves players. The theme with a lot of our losses is not controlling the tempo of the game properly, either allowing too many resets of play or counter attacks.

Hopefully just a one off where other players who can help dictate our pace of play (Bernardo, Grealish, Stones, Rodri & KDB) are missing.

The other difference is the use of a diamond compared to the 'box' midfield and the adjustments required to make this a smooth system. This is looking like a move away from a positional system to more free form. The defensive aspect isn't quite set yet.

We started doing more damage with Bobb & Foden playing more on the 'inside' in the second half and pushing Alvarez onto the last line. Just so happened we also conceded during our best part of the match, not much luck - Hwang should've been off, along with Lemina. One shot on target and two goals conceded, it can go that way.

More teams doing this I anticipate now.

Rodri was a big miss not only for his late runs but hes the fulcrum in the middle . The way he balances his pass between left and right was the biggest miss . We tired to force everything from left side and ignored the space on the right .

This is a good point, especially on the dictating the tempo and then contributing offensively.

Way too many forced passes in the first half trying to find Haaland who was then isolated and closed off by 4 Wolves players. The theme with a lot of our losses is not controlling the tempo of the game properly, either allowing too many resets of play or counter attacks.

Hopefully just a one off where other players who can help dictate our pace of play (Bernardo, Grealish, Stones, Rodri & KDB) are missing.

The other difference is the use of a diamond compared to the 'box' midfield and the adjustments required to make this a smooth system. This is looking like a move away from a positional system to more free form. The defensive aspect isn't quite set yet.

We started doing more damage with Bobb & Foden playing more on the 'inside' in the second half and pushing Alvarez onto the last line. Just so happened we also conceded during our best part of the match, not much luck - Hwang should've been off, along with Lemina. One shot on target and two goals conceded, it can go that way.
It was pretty close with the points your raised. Honestly think we are no where close to our peak and these players are still gelling.

We have stream rolled any team even the Fulham game was not a drubbing just clinical when needed. Rodri is crucial but his absence is blessing in disguise as Phillips is showing why he never got a break so pressure now to secure a proper cover. Pep got challenge to make us tick without Rodri so I’m very intrigued how he will tackle this with an in form Arsenal. They will take better advantage than Wolves so nervous at same times too.

Rodri was a big miss not only for his late runs but hes the fulcrum in the middle . The way he balances his pass between left and right was the biggest miss . We tired to force everything from left side and ignored the space on the right .
We have intelligence set of players so they have to step up as collective. Rodri is crucial to how we play so Pep has to find another way of doing it without him huge task and I don’t want to get beaten badly by Arsenal with how leaky we are at back.

There’s one thing that been nagging at me. When nunes was hooked at half time did it have to do with him being affected by the boos from the wolves crowd?
pep should have told him to stay at home. was obvious he was going to get it.

We have intelligence set of players so they have to step up as collective. Rodri is crucial to how we play so Pep has to find another way of doing it without him huge task and I don’t want to get beaten badly by Arsenal with how leaky we are at back.
With bernie and kdb missing , I‘m hoping foden gets assigned for that role. Kova is a baller and he’s good in tight space for quick 1 and 2s but he lacks that presence of mind to see the full width .Im positive pep will improve him in that department asap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.