Wolves post match

Mangala was a complete liability. Yaya wasted his complete game coming short to collect the ball as Mangala is a clown of a defender and offers nothing bringing the ball out.

Zinchenko was equally rubbish. Even when not pretending to be a left back, his supposed core talent of being a winger is non existent. The great wingers (Sane) have pace and technique, average wingers have just one (Roberts/BeagrieTechnique, White Pace), Zinchenko incredibly has managed to forge a career on the back of having neither.

Yes he would stay wide but had no ability to beat his man and gave up trying. He became a hindrance eventually as every ball that went out to him was, after a series of slow pointless passes, fed back inside.

In short, we have been a fortunate to come through that unscathed, as playing with Zinchenko was like being anchored down and with Mangala was like being a man light.

Hope to see neither of those in a City shirt again.

P.S. Bravo you're forgiven.

Bit harsh on Zinchenko. Yes, it was the worst left back(ish) display since Jordan, but it's like asking Silva to play there. Anyone watching him last season, saw a centre mid, clever, great on the ball, a bit lacking defensively & definitely needing to increase his stamina tracking back. Or a David Silva kind of player (from before Pep upped his stamina/workrate).

He then spent months sat on his arse & now has to play in a makeshift defence, in a position he's barely ever played, on his senior debut. And to top it all, he was clearly playing injured for the last 40-50 mins.

No way should he be judged on that game.

Mangala on the other hand, couldn't defend for shit. I don't give a flying fuck about his passing, it's good enough next to a Stones with Yaya Fern etc around to take the ball. What needs to be excellent, is his defending.

As an advocate of him being given a chance, in the last two performances, I've watched him closely & either his arse has gone or he's as dumb as a lump of concrete. He is creating his own defensive problems from situations he has well in hand. Every time, he's in control, then lets people run away from him. Garbage.

Not according to the club who just sent me a notification that we broke the record with 12 consecutive wins.
Is this the same web site that was congratulating Sergio with breaking the club goal scoring record 10 mins after the game when he hasn't ? In there defence the video was soon taken down .

Apart from Sterling and Gabriel Jesus, every player needed minutes last night and fully got them.

You could see that those players don’t play week-in-week-out. As a team we lacked cohesion, match fitness/sharpness, our passing was slower and not quite as on the mark as usual. There were a few disappointing performances and a few poor performances too.

Wolves were as changed from their strongest line-up as we were which is impressive to say the least (for them) but doesn’t say a lot for our players!

Saying all that, it was a really entertaining 0-0 and I enjoyed the night. I’m glad it went to ET and penalties, we pay to be entertained and shoot-outs are about as entertaining as this sport ever gets. Look at the noise we made during the shoot-out compared to the other 120 minutes...

Also, having their fans above our singing section was like watching a solo busker with a tambourine sit below a full orchestra and try and make more noise than them. Fucking total waste of time!

That offside that Evil Pep was going mad about on the sideline, anyone see a replay? Curious to know was it offside or not.

Wolves were excellent , but they came to keep the score down , its a lot easier for a coach to set up his side with ten men behind the ball and then hoof it up the field. Pep brought in nine players to create , entertain and win a match , which as proved was not easy when the opposition do not want to cross the half way line for 120 minutes.

This.

Cant get my head around all these posts on here praising Wolves. They came to spoil and try and nick one or take it to penalties.

In my opinion Zinchenko still has a long way to go and much to do before he's anywhere near the required standard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.