Wolves thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great bloke is Big Mick

tenor.gif

Nuno boys........

Honestly think this guy is the real deal and destined for big things in management and honestly, would not mind him at City post Pep era he is that good imo.

Your thoughts on can Wolves keep him in the long term or will the pull of a so called bigger job and i hate saying stuff like that as its demeaning be too much for him to turn down?

Much depends on what Wolves can spend and give him of course.

Nuno boys........

Honestly think this guy is the real deal and destined for big things in management and honestly, would not mind him at City post Pep era he is that good imo.

Your thoughts on can Wolves keep him in the long term or will the pull of a so called bigger job and i hate saying stuff like that as its demeaning be too much for him to turn down?

Much depends on what Wolves can spend and give him of course.
He’s got everything he wants at wolves for now he’s backed and the owners and fans love him. He would only leave if an elite club came in for him or the Portuguese national team. Which I can’t see happening for a little while yet.
should see him signing a new contract at the end of this season.

He’s got everything he wants at wolves for now he’s backed and the owners and fans love him. He would only leave if an elite club came in for him or the Portuguese national team. Which I can’t see happening for a little while yet.
should see him signing a new contract at the end of this season.

This.

Its always a worry of course that his head might get turned but he has a very special role at Wolves and has fully bought into the project. He is the glue that holds it all together. Nuno leaving would worry me more than any individual players going.

He has some very special talent there and is growing the club and a legacy, he also has full control over things and is a legend. In other 'bigger' clubs he wouldn't have that and success would be expected immediately. I don't think the national job would interest him, he's too young and he likes the daily involvement with his squad and nurturing players like Traore.

He is also good friends with Mendes and was his first ever client.

We are very fortunate to have Nuno and I don't see him wanting to go anytime soon, he is just getting going with his project and god knows where that may lead

Have enjoyed watching Wolves this season and I have a soft spot for them.for a couple of reasons. I cant see them clinching a CL spot. But think they have been brilliant. Nuno I agree seems to be not only a top coach but a great guy too. I can see why the Wokfes support love him.

Don't like Wolves for 3 reasons:

1. Hateful 8 - Deservedly so.
2. Beat us twice - Can't argue with that.
3. Jota's in my work fantasy team and has been useless, apart from the month prior to Covid when he was just getting into great form then he had to take 3 months off and is bobbins again. Didn't even sign the bugger myself as I was on holiday and my colleague picked my team.

He is a top bloke, very respectful and humble - doesn't matter if its Fleetwood in the Carabao or Barcelona, he gives the opposition total respect and his preperation for each game is so thorough. Publicly he sets no targets, his only target is the next game and he won't single out players for praise as its a team - after one game he was asked about a world class save by Rui Patricio. His reply? "Its his job!", he doesn't like interviews but is always very polite and always thanks the interviewer at the end often calling them 'Sir'.

When he wins individual awards he involves his staff - one Manager of the Month award he called together the groundstaff for the official photo and one of them stood at the front holding the award up!

Contrast with Dean Smith after we beat them this season came out with a string of lame excuses and false claims about Villa dominating us, utter tosh and refusal to take responsibility for his poor side and tactics.

Yep, we adore Nuno!

Thankyou, same to you!

I have heard and seen the pictures of the great floodlit games of the 1950s, Billy Wright and the boys in their shiny gold shirts.

When the rebuilt Molineux was opened in December 1993, we played an evening friendly against Honved which I of course attended and all of the 50s stars came out onto the pitch before kick off and Ferenc Puskas too. Sadly I think they've all since passed
I meant to ask you both how did those friendlies come about?

The 1993 game against Honvéd was the 40th anniversary and the reopening of the stadium

the 1953 game was a series of evening games arranged to use the newly invented floodlights

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....rld-champions-honved-molineux-hungary-wembley
We did the same in 54 , I think .Our first game was against Hearts, My Ma and elder brother dragged me to Maine Rd. History that according to some we don't have, we also played Galatasary or Fenerbache a couple of weeks later, I can never remember which, nor do I remember much about either game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.