Wolves thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the anger directed at Wolves for the letter. For a start it's completely false to say they asked for us to be banned from Europe. It's not true.

Second, and most importantly they are one of a couple of clubs who had a legitimate reason for asking for the ban to not be delayed by bureaucracy over a slow appeal.

They were in the middle of a fight for the CL places and for them, Sheffield United and Leicester, they might never get so close to the top 4 next season. A delay in the ban by 12 months could have changed the course of their history forever. The money and appeal of getting into Europe could be transformative, and it would have been bullshit if they'd finished 5th only for our ban to be delayed 12 months because CAS, UEFA and City couldn't organise a 3 day hearing and the 5th placed side next year (almost certainly one of the old top 4) to get it instead.

Not to mention knowing if they are in the CL in June would have been absolutely vital to planning for it next season as well.

The real dickheads are Liverpool, Burnley, Arsenal & Newcastle. They never had a legitimate reason for knowing if we were going to have a ban immediately or in 12 months time. It doesn't matter to them at all.

United and Chelsea are not far behind because they were always going to be in a similar position in 12 months anyway.

Wolves and the other 8 DID sign up to a letter wanting the ban to be upheld if the appeal wasn't heard before the next season's Champions League. Them not knowing whether they are in the Champions League or not is no excuse. They should have contingency plans for all scenarios. There never was a legitimate reason for upholding the ban before the appeal was heard. They are conniving parasites I. E. they are as bad as the rest. If you want to believe otherwise that's your choice. I hope they go down and down like they did in the 80s.

Wolves and the other 8 DID sign up to a letter wanting the ban to be upheld if the appeal wasn't heard before the next season's Champions League.

They signed a letter asking that the ban was not overturned before the appeal was heard.

That is completely different to what you wrote about "trying to have us banned" - we already were banned.

And yes, there was every reason to uphold the ban before the appeal was heard, it would have been standard practice anyway, they just added their voice to it in case City or UEFA tried to push it back.

They signed a letter asking that the ban was not overturned before the appeal was heard.

That is completely different to what you wrote about "trying to have us banned" - we already were banned.

And yes, there was every reason to uphold the ban before the appeal was heard, it would have been standard practice anyway, they just added their voice to it in case City or UEFA tried to push it back.

We were banned by UEFA but not even UEFA pushed for the ban to be implemented before the appeal process was completed. Wolves and 8 others did, yet you excuse that. There is no excuse for such low behaviour.

We were banned by UEFA but not even UEFA pushed for the ban to be implemented before the appeal process was completed. Wolves and 8 others did, yet you excuse that. There is no excuse for such low behaviour.

Sorry but you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about.

UEFA banned us for the 20/21 and 21/22 seasons. That ban was in place from the moment they gave it to us and before the appeal started.

Wolves (and others) wanted to make sure the appeal was concluded so that if we lost, we were banned for 20/21 and 21/22, and not 21/22 and 22/23 because UEFA and City asked CAS to suspend the ban pending appeal - which was an option on the table.

In the end neither us nor UEFA asked for the ban to be suspended, so it was a moot point.

Sorry but you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about.

UEFA banned us for the 20/21 and 21/22 seasons. That ban was in place from the moment they gave it to us and before the appeal started.

The moment you start being abusive is the moment that I don't engage with you further. I know plenty about this subject and have followed it closely. You know nothing about me. I'm done with you.

The moment you start bring abusive is the moment that I don't engage with you further. I know plenty about this subject and have followed it closely. You know nothing about me. I'm done with you.

Quite clearly you don't know plenty about the subject because you think the ban wasn't in place before the appeal.

not even UEFA pushed for the ban to be implemented before the appeal process was completed

This line is a completely and utterly incorrect.

The point is surely about due process. We received a ban and appealed. Normal procedure would allow us to ask for suspension of the ban. The hateful eight/nincompoop nine were, in effect, urging that our rights be removed.
The twitterati and the rest of the media claimed we were trying to slow down the appeal and they assumed we had asked for suspension of the ban. Neither was true. Indeed we wanted the appeal heard quickly. Not one of those clubs had seen our evidence. Truly vindictive and stupid.

The point is surely about due process. We received a ban and appealed. Normal procedure would allow us to ask for suspension of the ban. The hateful eight/nincompoop nine were, in effect, urging that our rights be removed.
The twitterati and the rest of the media claimed we were trying to slow down the appeal and they assumed we had asked for suspension of the ban. Neither was true. Indeed we wanted the appeal heard quickly. Not one of those clubs had seen our evidence. Truly vindictive and stupid.

Exactly. Nobody at City wanted the Appeal hearing to be delayed. There is no excuse whatsoever for those 9 clubs petitioning to take away those rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.