Wolves v CITY - Official Match Thread

Ducado said:
BlueMo' said:
Absolutely fantastic.
I know it's only Wolves but the future is bright.
Solid at the back. deadly up front.
If only Tevez scored his 3rd.
Surely would have been goal of the season.
Happy New Year BROTHERS AND SISTERS
CTID

But it was away from home to a team that held Villa to a draw, who are the type of team we have struggled against
I know mate, didn't want to get carried away and start all the Roberto's a genius palava.
All i can say is i was well impressed.
After all the false dawns maybe we have found our own legend.
I hope so, i really do.
CTID

I didnt want that game to end! What a quality game to watch and a wonderful performance by City!

The defense was solid all around the pitch today. Zonal marking and just about everything else. Quality to see and two clean sheets in two games!

Nigel de Jong was superb again flying in with the blocks and tackled and he supported the defense and midfield brilliantly.

Ireland and barry were great also supporting the front 3 and covering the full backs.

Petrov, Bellers and tevez were quality tonight! They ran their socks off! They were creative, We were electric on the break and one great move in the match when we played one touch football involving petrov and bellers and tevez was very unlucky.

What a great performance and Bellamy was man of the match and a great interview with him and Kolo then.

And a special mention for Robinho! He set one of the goals up and was running everywhere when he came on. That is the Robinho that i and everyone else on here want to see.

I am looking forward to match of the day already!

I LOVE YOU CITY AND WHAT A GREAT PERFORMANCE

M9 Blue said:
Watching game on streams.........looks controlled,solid can see0-2 or 0-3
I thank you!...........2 games 2 clean sheets,we've enough up top so never mind top4/6,lets go for it.No-one seems to want it this season,c'mo
n City it's there if you want it!

Think kompany deserves a mention. He was quality at the back winning everything in the air. Micah looks a different player and Barry looks like player we signed. Always liked petrov, glad to see him back. Loved it when Mancini still keeping high standards and bollocking sylvinho in 94th min. Proud to be blue and our defensive performances in last 2 games justified decision to get rid of taffia
. Even the substitutions have a purpose.

It was there for all to see.

Tremendous work rate. When we didn't have possession we worked hard to recover the situation. Much more apparent in the last two matches compared ro previous matches. This is the kind of work rate we associate with United, Chelsea, Villa and nowadays Tottenham.

Defensive attitude to set plays. It would appear that zonal marking to corners is the preferred option from Mancini to counter our recent poor leakage of goals from them (and from wide free kicks).

Astute substitutions and changes in formation during play. Switching Petrov and altering the attacking style when it was obvious after the first twenty minutes that the way we were playing was ineffective. Bringing on Garrido was particlarly astute as it widened our options (literally).

Mancini's attitude from the touchline. There was clear indications to some players of what he expected of them and on the odd occasion a withering look of contempt when we gave the ball away too easily or we put pressure on ourselves by delaying a pass and inviting said pressure from a Wolves player.

All in all, this was a good way to end the year. The next 6 matches are Stoke (A), Everton (A) Blackburn (H) Portsmouth (H) Hull (A) and Bolton (H) Not in this order. WE need to win 4 of these to maintain our top 4 ambitions and if 5 all the better. We will probably be announcing the arrival of two players in the next 7 days that will take care of our African player absentees and we should therefore look forward with confidence to the future.

Seasons greetings to all City fans!

Anyone see a difference ? Things not working he makes a change pressure goes and we get a goal....

Great performance and another clean sheet, hopefully the dickheads will crawl back under their rocks and we can get on with it now.

Once again we score a goal and then dont conceed from the kick off. Heres a stat for all the idiots supporting Hughes we had the second worst defence in the league going into the game. So so happy Hughes was sacked really pleased and very happy with the way it was done. Cook and Kaldoon must be having a right laugh well played by them i say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.