Wolves Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Next round is w/c 28th nov right in middle of champs league last 2 matches.

An easier team would be preferable as we can really go for it in semis in January if we get through.

Just after Napoli and Liverpool away, followed by Norwich at home which isnt so bad, but then followed by Bayern, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Definitely one for the kids and fringe players.

Sat in the Billy Wright upper stand tonight (left it too late for tickets in our side). The Wolves fans were nothing but complimentary about our team, I was surprised at the lack of vitriol!?

Thought AJ was poor in parts tonight, it's clear that he wants to prove himself but he needs to learn from Milner, he works his arse off for the team and uses his intelligence to influence games. AJ doesn't, he can't see the wood for the trees on the way into the squad. For me he's gonna have to remain super sub for now

Good result tonight, can't wait for Saturday

Said hello to Jeff Whitley on the way out...... Not sure whether he was there as a paying punter or not? Last I heard he was selling cars on the A6 in Great Moor

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
He may decide not to sign a new contract though as can't have that long left on his can he?

Three years left! June '14 it runs out.

1. Johnson was only just MOTM, followed by Nasri. Only problem now is he'll think he's Messi and that now he's untouchable.

2. Kolo Toure was Wolves' best player.

3. Pantilmilon (sp) has got hands like shovels, their huge.

4. Suarez looks like David Silva from a distance.

5. Savic is looking alrite, but he's a clumsy bastard.

6. Should have been 8-2.

7. MANCINI OUT.

Thaksinssoldier said:
Rags v dippers
Chelsea v arsenal
Us v palace
Blackburn v Cardiff

Would do me nicely :-)

nailed on rags - dippers or Chelski away

waspish said:
Got a feeling AJ will put in a transfer request if not January then in the summer he always looks unhappy and had that look of a chip on his shoulder

i dont think that will happen its more likely City will sell him and bring in a replacement - sad though if it happens as he is a top top player but just something missing - i do think Mancini should have been more positive tonight about him though and said what he said privately

SalfordCityBlue said:
RandomJ said:
Hmm... What about Dzeko, Nasri and even Aguero to an extent? Those players don't play well for the full 90 they drift in and out and pop up with a bit of magic. Very few players are going to play the full 90 as world beaters. Right now Johnson is coming up with those moments of magic or inspiration just like the above players.

Dzeko and Nasri aren't starting for the same reason... Although Nasri I fully expect to improve drastically over the next month or two. Aguero is also settling in (very nicely) and is only really there to score goals - Johnson needs to contribute for 90 minutes in his position, at least when called upon.

Not asking for him to be a world beater for 90 minutes, just consistent. At the moment we get about 10 minutes world beater, 80 minutes non-entity and that's not enough IMO.

Dzeko might not score all game but he still never stops to put in a shit! Plus hes a striker, Johnson is a midfielder!<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:13 pm --<br /><br />
alky313 said:
If we can keep Johnson from drifting too far out on the wing the sky is the limit. He's a good winger but a great AM.

You are kidding, right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.