Women's Team - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better teams would overrun us during a first half like that. There was no inclination to make a beeline for the opposition penalty area other than a few forays from Lauren Hemp. Compare the way EFC moved the ball quickly forwards. They always seemed, even at 4 and 5 one down, to have an 'out' ball and be looking to put us under some pressure in our half.
I completely agree with you here. I was sat in E3 and Lauren Hemp was positioned in front of us, frequently in acres of space. There were a number of occasions when there was a simple ball out to her and she could have been off down the wing but the ball was either passed back to the centre backs or over to the right where seemingly the whole of both teams were positioned. Thought Jess Park added a spark when she came on too. Despite the result Everton were much better than earlier in the season, at times they had some good play.

Tried to watch but it's still not for me, I wish them well for the season ahead though.
I can see why you would think that, especially after the first half. I actually like going to the women's game although I am not able to see them all due to work commitments. There are loads of family groups, kids all over the place which is nice to see.

I can see why you would think that, especially after the first half. I actually like going to the women's game although I am not able to see them all due to work commitments. There are loads of family groups, kids all over the place which is nice to see.

Thinking about it I used to watch all sorts of sports both male and female. Mainly athletics and tennis with women but I seem to have changed viewing habits. Never watch snooker f1 rugby boxing anymore plus many others.

I'm trying to think outside of football and golf when the last time was I watched another sport . Bits of the Olympics I think.

I think women's golf has come on leaps and bounds and will watch the odd final round in a major. Football is city only plus England when bored.

Not sure how accurate this is, but for the 19/20 season it says our average attendance of 3867 was the sixth highest in the league (out of 12 teams):

It's so hard to judge the women's team stuff, but you'd think in a metropolitan area of 3 and half million people you could get 5,000 in to fill the academy stadium if you really tried. School programs, giving away tickets etc.

Remember that 3,867 average includes the game at the Etihad where they made a big event of the first women's derby and got 30,000 in. The real attendance of an average game around 1-2,000.

It really does feel like the club is just not that interested in the Women's game. You've got a coaches who are academy cast offs with no women's football experience, players routinely poached by big clubs if they play well, and attendances that don't seem to be growing much over 5 or 6 years.

Not to mention the 1 league title in 7 years or the disaster that's this season, over by the end of September.

Last edited:
Not sure how accurate this is, but for the 19/20 season it says our average attendance of 3867 was the sixth highest in the league (out of 12 teams):
Funny on away matches the crowd looks a lot less than any City game you see?

Can the average like Spurs be screwed because they had a 25k crowd for some reason, with free entry or something like that?

Hopefully a result like that can get our season back up and running again. Sharing the goals about again meaning we're not reliant on just one person to get us a winner and goals can literally come from anywhere.
I thought that after the Leicester game, and then it's back two steps v West Ham. Next game looks to be CFC. They'll be flying now they've seen off Juve! If we beat CFC in the semi, The Arse in the Final then I'm prepared to let GT stay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.