Women's Team Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. It's up to City whether or not they want to compete at the highest level. If they want to, they can match the investment other clubs and leagues are putting into the game. And if they don't want to match that investment then they won't be retaining their top players or attracting anyone decent to replace them. It's odd to me that just as the women's game is gaining a lot of momemtum we seem to be tapping out.
This is it. I don't see much difference in our investment levels now compared to four or five years ago but it doesn't go as far. Chelsea and Arsenal have pushed on massively and reinvented themselves to try and be the best, where we've just settled with a squad that's there abouts and coaches who don't rock the boat. Cushing wouldn't have lasted as long as he did at a top club and Taylor wouldn't even have got a look in.

The fact there's a post-Euros buzz just as we're starting to see the results of it all just makes it even worse.

I saw a lot of city fans whingeing that we weren't getting enough credit for our contribution to England's performances at the euros, but most of the City players in that squad weren't developed by us.
Even Keira Walsh only joined us at 17! We've been really good at giving youngsters a chance but it's funny how many of them have spent most of their youth careers elsewhere.

Agreed, but timing now seems odd, after playing season begun.
She hadn't returned to training with the other Lionesses due to personal reasons. Those have obviously included assessing her future in the game and has decided now is right for her to call it a day.

I wish her nothing but happiness in her retirement and thank her for her contribution to the club and for her incredible international career. Good luck Ellen with whatever you do next!

She hadn't returned to training with the other Lionesses due to personal reasons. Those have obviously included assessing her future in the game and has decided now is right for her to call it a day.

I wish her nothing but happiness in her retirement and thank her for her contribution to the club and for her incredible international career. Good luck Ellen with whatever you do next!
Thanks for that context pal, I hadn’t realised and it makes a bit more sense now, reading that.
Yes, kudos aplenty to her for sure.

(We’re not gonna get Steph announcing similar tomorrow though are we?!)

Thanks for that context pal, I hadn’t realised and it makes a bit more sense now, reading that.
Yes, kudos aplenty to her for sure.

(We’re not gonna get Steph announcing similar tomorrow though are we?!)
I certainly hope not but with what she (and her partner) are going through it wouldn't totally surprise me.

Happy retirement from a great career, plenty of goals and retire on a high of winning a major competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.