Women's Team Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read that now, thanks. A bit scathing about the tactics at City wasn’t she?!
I think they both are. It’s really disappointing that Walsh and Stanway felt that City hampered their development and I agree - ”If you watch the games at Manchester City the No 6 is told to stand still a lot and just hold the space and let other players come into the game” is not a ringing endorsement of our tactical nous.

I can't find a pre match thread but here will do. Good luck tomorrow against Chelsea. Keep up the fighting spirit and you may take a step closer to taking the title this season. Match them in the personal battles and stay calm. City win 2-0.

What a call, that was!

Great win for you lot over the weekend. A couple of cracking goals :)

I've watched every Chelsea women's game the last 9-10 games and honestly the level has dropped by a huge amount. United were the better team against us and were unlucky to lose, Arsenal played us off the park a few weeks ago and we didn't play particularly well against Lyon despite nicking a great win and now soundly beaten at City. The level of performance I saw from this team earlier in this season is almost completely gone and now injuries to key players like Cuthbert and Kirby is only going to make matters worse.

I see that we're still providing the most players to the newest England squad that's just been announced for upcoming fixtures against Brazil & Australia. 7 of our squad (plus one out on loan) have been selected.

Roebuck, McIver, Morgan, Greenwood, Coombs, Hemp & Kelly (Park is the loan player).

Not too shabby considering who we lost in the summer. Nearest challengers to this number of players are the ragettes and Chelsea who both have 4 each. Probably the biggest surprise is the omission of Beth England who's been banging in the goals for fun since she joined the spudettes (5 in her last 6 games).

Great win for you lot over the weekend. A couple of cracking goals :)

I've watched every Chelsea women's game the last 9-10 games and honestly the level has dropped by a huge amount. United were the better team against us and were unlucky to lose, Arsenal played us off the park a few weeks ago and we didn't play particularly well against Lyon despite nicking a great win and now soundly beaten at City. The level of performance I saw from this team earlier in this season is almost completely gone and now injuries to key players like Cuthbert and Kirby is only going to make matters worse.
Just watched your game against Lyon.
Scandalous decision to award that penalty.

Congratulations to Arsenal and Chelsea.
Semifinals take place on the weekends of 22/23 and 29/30 meaning they will have to fit two games each in somewhere.

Sat 22nd AprilManchester United12:30Arsenal
Sun 23rd AprilChelsea14:00Leicester City
Manchester City18:45West Ham United
Sat 29th AprilAston Villa12:30Manchester United
Sun 30th AprilEverton13:00Arsenal
Manchester City14:00Reading
West Ham United15:00Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.