Women's Team Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched your game against Lyon.
Scandalous decision to award that penalty.

She clipped James’ leg. It’s a clear penalty. I don’t understand the controversy.

It’s yet another game we have played poorly in though. Doesn’t bode well for the run in the league. We’ve gone off the boil completely.

Hard to believe the ref gave it after looking at var.

I thought it looked liked James tripped herself up at first, but it's the clip from the Lyon player that caused that to happen. I think it was a pen, albeit an unfortunate one to give away as James wasn't really going anywhere.
Still, two awesome pens from Mjelde under huge pressure in the space of a few mins. Good save from Berger on the last one too although I agree with those saying she looked off her line, would like to see it again.

She clipped James’ leg. It’s a clear penalty. I don’t understand the controversy.

It’s yet another game we have played poorly in though. Doesn’t bode well for the run in the league. We’ve gone off the boil completely.

Agreed, there was a touch and it caused James' leg to hit her other leg.

Amazing end, hope you can carry on in the competition (along with Arsenal) and really stay focussed on Europe. May as well stick the reserves in during the WSL games now.... :-)

Agreed, there was a touch and it caused James' leg to hit her other leg.

Amazing end, hope you can carry on in the competition (along with Arsenal) and really stay focussed on Europe. May as well stick the reserves in during the WSL games now.... :-)

I think we have a big enough squad to focus on both but injuries to key players is beginning to take it's toll on the our form. We're usually very strong vs teams outside the top 4 though and we have a good run of winnable games coming up. That Arsenal game in May is looming large though (you lot are playing United on the same day so it could be a do or die doomsday for us all).

Just checking the remaining schedule, Arsenal is our only remaining top 4 clash while Arsenal, City and United all have to face each other once each, which could work in our favour :)

I think we have a big enough squad to focus on both but injuries to key players is beginning to take it's toll on the our form. We're usually very strong vs teams outside the top 4 though and we have a good run of winnable games coming up. That Arsenal game in May is looming large though (you lot are playing United on the same day so it could be a do or die doomsday for us all).

Just checking the remaining schedule, Arsenal is our only remaining top 4 clash while Arsenal, City and United all have to face each other once each, which could work in our favour :)

Yeah your fixtures are decent. The only ones where I'd think you might drop points could be Arsenal and Villa. No guarantees obviously, but we'll probably need 5 wins and a draw to have a chance of overtaking you.

Villa could be a really fascinating game on Sunday. They're a way off competing for the top four yet but they've made great progress and have made some astute signings this season to emerge as best of the rest. I hope they continue to improve next season and help make the league more competitive. It used to be the case that the top two teams would just beat everyone else and the league be decided in the head to heads. Knowing more teams are capable of taking points from the stronger sides definitely helps keep the league more entertaining.

I thought it was weak on first viewing but on the replay it was clear, one of the few times var is of use. I thought you struggled over both legs, lovely strike by Reiten in the first game ultimately got you over the line.
Do you think Emma Hayes will get fed up and maybe fancy a move North? She will still be coaching a team in blue of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.