Women's Team Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got to feel for Steph. Given she wasn't recently called up, it's looking unlikely she'll break back into the squad. Been one of the biggest names in the English womens game for years and an injury ended not just her captaincy and starting role, but also her place in the squad entirely.

Got to feel for Steph. Given she wasn't recently called up, it's looking unlikely she'll break back into the squad. Been one of the biggest names in the English womens game for years and an injury ended not just her captaincy and starting role, but also her place in the squad entirely.

I was surprised to see her carry on this season with everything that's happened both in her career and private life. I'm glad she did as the club needed that extra stability with all the other departures that went on. Can't see her ever getting back in the England squad though unless there's a raft of injuries in her position and it's a shame it ended like it did. Unfortunately there's very little room for sentiment in top level sport and Steph needs to accept that.

She's asked the England coach to be honest and tell her if she will be picked again. Wiegman in her press conference wouldn't answer, and gave a diplomatic reply of she wants as many options as possible.

I feel for Steph. Her time as captain for England was the foundation for the success the team has now. She deserves at least one match as a thank you then swan off into the international sunset.

She's asked the England coach to be honest and tell her if she will be picked again. Wiegman in her press conference wouldn't answer, and gave a diplomatic reply of she wants as many options as possible.

I feel for Steph. Her time as captain for England was the foundation for the success the team has now. She deserves at least one match as a thank you then swan off into the international sunset.
It is hard to argue with a coach who has won a top comp but she has treated Steph badly imo but I know I'm biased, she also picks the wrong keeper but what do I know?

It is hard to argue with a coach who has won a top comp but she has treated Steph badly imo but I know I'm biased, she also picks the wrong keeper but what do I know?

Houghton was unlucky with injuries but not picking her at a time when she wasn't necessarily being picked for her club was clearly the right call. As for Earps, she's been brilliant for England since being made number 1

Houghton was unlucky with injuries but not picking her at a time when she wasn't necessarily being picked for her club was clearly the right call. As for Earps, she's been brilliant for England since being made number 1
Yes, I noticed how brilliant in the last game :)

As for Houghton that has nothing to do with being treated right, she should have been called up to one last squad for the fans to say goodbye etc

Did you see the woman's rugby, their captain played the first game of the 6 nations but everybody knew she was retiring after that game.

That is being treated nicely after a long service to the team, not just dropped like a hot potato because you made somebody else captain and don't want conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.