Women's Team Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I noticed how brilliant in the last game :)

As for Houghton that has nothing to do with being treated right, she should have been called up to one last squad for the fans to say goodbye etc

Did you see the woman's rugby, their captain played the first game of the 6 nations but everybody knew she was retiring after that game.

That is being treated nicely after a long service to the team, not just dropped like a hot potato because you made somebody else captain and don't want conflict.

Sorry but while I agree Steph's been great and it's a shame how it's all ended for her, that's all I agree with. She was out for an age and the team moved on without her. You dont then recall her at her age unless you're desperate, and we clearly aren't.

I'm not against sentiment in sport, but these aren't testimonials, they're internationals. Nobody gets given one just so they can say goodbye.

Sorry but while I agree Steph's been great and it's a shame how it's all ended for her, that's all I agree with. She was out for an age and the team moved on without her. You dont then recall her at her age unless you're desperate, and we clearly aren't.

I'm not against sentiment in sport, but these aren't testimonials, they're internationals. Nobody gets given one just so they can say goodbye.
Rooney

and everything you typed says you are against sentiment in sport.

Rooney

and everything you typed says you are against sentiment in sport.

Does it fuck.

I'm against sentiment without worth. People getting a game as a charity case. It's unnecessary and unfair on those who miss out as a result for a start.

As for Rooney... maybe you followed his career more closely than I did. Having checked, it seems he did get a pointless unnecessary England cap at the end - which I will have been against at the time also. What did you think of it when it happened?

Does it fuck.

I'm against sentiment without worth. People getting a game as a charity case. It's unnecessary and unfair on those who miss out as a result for a start.

As for Rooney... maybe you followed his career more closely than I did. Having checked, it seems he did get a pointless unnecessary England cap at the end - which I will have been against at the time also. What did you think of it when it happened?
I'm afraid it did, it was blatantly against everything sentimental in sports.

Nice childish dig with the Rooney comment though, well done, although very churlish because you didn't like being proved wrong and also needless as I've been a City fan for 46 years.

Again I will refer you back to my original comment about the English woman's rugby team, who had their captain play the first game of a competitive competition and then brought her off in the second half to applause as she retired from the game.

I'm just talking about a friendly game, one of many that the English woman's football team play.

You're entitled to disagree but I won't bother replying again, there would be no point really.

I'm afraid it did, it was blatantly against everything sentimental in sports.

Nice childish dig with the Rooney comment though, well done, although very churlish because you didn't like being proved wrong and also needless as I've been a City fan for 46 years.

Again I will refer you back to my original comment about the English woman's rugby team, who had their captain play the first game of a competitive competition and then brought her off in the second half to applause as she retired from the game.

I'm just talking about a friendly game, one of many that the English woman's football team play.

You're entitled to disagree but I won't bother replying again, there would be no point really.

What was childish about it? All you've done is avoid answering my question. What did you think of it when Rooney played that final England game? Oh, and he didn't get given one just to say goodbye (it was game to promote his charity), so your example wasn't quite right anyway.

And my post clearly wasn't against 'everything sentimental in sports'. There's a hell of a lot that happens that we can all get sentimental about without pathetically engineering a false outcome for false tears and false plaudits. Kompany leaving City as he did. David Silva ending his career with us as he did, plus the season where he fought for us and for Matteo equally. Amazing stuff.

Here's another one that was pathetic - John Terry playing 25 minutes of his final Chelsea game before being subbed. Garbage. But at least it wasn't forced on the nation, it was just for the club.

And maybe that's the point. When Steph retires from City she deserves something special, hopefully it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.