Women's Team Thread 2023/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a look at BBC website and virtually every line written from a Rag perspective. Embarrassing.
What they don't realise, or don't give a flying fuck about, is that the vast majority of footy fans who stump up a licence fee want the Rags to lose every game by a cricket score, and for the Glazers to wind up the business. The BBC are nothing more nor less than Rag lickspittles who occasionally realise that there are another nineteen PL clubs.

They even began a paragraph 'We've levelled . . . . . . . . . . . ! Could have been a Rag lass desperate for a goal, but it continued with a lengthy post that I concluded was from one of the BBC apparatchiks stationed at Leigh Sport Village.

Last edited:
I have a question that hopefully someone can answer for me: -

If the Ragettes get put out of the UCL this coming Wednesday (18th Oct) - they go to Paris for the 2nd leg having drawn the 1st leg at home 1-1 - do they then drop into our Conti Cup group and join Leicester, Liverpool, Everton and ourselves?

I have a question that hopefully someone can answer for me: -

If the Ragettes get put out of the UCL this coming Wednesday (18th Oct) - they go to Paris for the 2nd leg having drawn the 1st leg at home 1-1 - do they then drop into our Conti Cup group and join Leicester, Liverpool, Everton and ourselves?
That's correct. Teams in the Champions League are given a bye for the group stages of the Conti Cup. If the ragettes fail in their qualifying round then they will be placed in our group as the other Northern Section already has 5 teams (same for Arsenal if they had failed to progress).

MEN link explains further

Thanks, JRockBlues!

During the Everton match on Wednesday the commentator (Mike Minay?) on City+ stated more than once that there were three other teams in our group because Chelsea, Arsenal and the Ragettes all had a bye into the next round by their qualification for the UCL first stages. So he got it wrong?

Last edited:
See even the Arsenal womens team get all time they want added on. 12 minutes added on today.
1 nil down on 90 mins, 12 added on and score 92nd and 94th minutes
I watched the match and to be fair, Villa scored completely against the run of play, it was all Arsenal right from the first minute, but they couldn’t find a decent opening. Villa’s first attack into the other half, one of the Arse’s defenders kicked the ball out for a corner when the goalkeeper could have come for it. Resulting corner, first attempt on goal, Villa scored. I laughed because the pattern was so familiar to us really. The same pattern of play the second half, all one way. Villa were negative almost all of the match. I suppose that’s your comeuppance.

I watched the match and to be fair, Villa scored completely against the run of play, it was all Arsenal right from the first minute, but they couldn’t find a decent opening. Villa’s first attack into the other half, one of the Arse’s defenders kicked the ball out for a corner when the goalkeeper could have come for it. Resulting corner, first attempt on goal, Villa scored. I laughed because the pattern was so familiar to us really. The same pattern of play the second half, all one way. Villa were negative almost all of the match. I suppose that’s your comeuppance.
Villa fell to pieces when the Arse finally scored and that's why they were able to get the 2nd.

Liverpool getting beat at home in the Murkyside derby. Finishes this way and we end the day top of the league on goal difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.