Women's Team Thread 2023/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandy McIver's now been called up for Scotland...

Hadn't heard anything about her switching allegiances. Thought she'd missed the last couple of England squads through injury but that link seems to imply it was more to do with this.

Do we know if she was carrying injuries and just not risked that often, maybe she's just now fully fit.

I don't remember reading about any injuries as such, but she was on the bench quite a lot. Coming on from the bench I saw flashes of talent, but never seemed to get enough games for rhythm in my book.

That's why I thought she'd leave.

I don't remember reading about any injuries as such, but she was on the bench quite a lot. Coming on from the bench I saw flashes of talent, but never seemed to get enough games for rhythm in my book.
I agree, perhaps they had a plan for her, if so it looks to be paying off now.

I think this group are far more a team than previously, and we're using it far better, but it's early days for me.

Hadn't heard anything about her switching allegiances. Thought she'd missed the last couple of England squads through injury but that link seems to imply it was more to do with this.
I know nothing about it but I assume it was like the Karen Bardsley situation. Bardsley was born in and grew up in California. She was a great goalkeeper. Her problem was Hope Solo was a generational talent. She would not be the #1 while Solo played so Bardsley played for England and did well for herself.

Good for Sandy for finding a way into international football.

I know nothing about it but I assume it was like the Karen Bardsley situation. Bardsley was born in and grew up in California. She was a great goalkeeper. Her problem was Hope Solo was a generational talent. She would not be the #1 while Solo played so Bardsley played for England and did well for herself.

Good for Sandy for finding a way into international football.
Even odder that she chose to come back here, essentially she is now the third choice keeper and surely she really should be playing games.

Anyone watch the Ragettes away to PSG in the Champions League qualifier last night? SPOILER ALERT: They got beat and are dumped out.

So they now drop into our Conti Cup group, if I’m correct, but when will they play us in an additional derby game this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.