Women's Team Thread 2023/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't imagine there are many who don't feel exactly the same, and It's what I find frustrating with the approach of the club, as we seem to be accepting mediocrity by keeping Taylor in post.
I'm wondering if the Taylor situation had anything to do with the arrival midway through the season of the new Director of Football. Just a thought with Taylor only getting a 1 year extension is that it's giving Nielsen time to get his feet under the table.

I'm wondering if the Taylor situation had anything to do with the arrival midway through the season of the new Director of Football. Just a thought with Taylor only getting a 1 year extension is that it's giving Nielsen time to get his feet under the table.

Maybe that is the plan.

Don't know anything about Nielson or his background, but he surely has to be better than anything we have witnessed from Taylor.

I am concerned that our better players will get fed up and look to move on if the team doesn't show improvement.

I honestly believe we have lost players because of Taylor and his lack of ability / motivation etc.

Are we realistically going to win one? We’re stagnating whilst others strengthen.

We might not even finish 4th.
Yer right about teams strengthening. The old days of two or three teams dominating the league and the rest just making up the numbers have long since gone. Whether the absence from the CL this season is gonna be a blessing but a curse for those in it I dunno. With a bit of luck and better finishing than last season we are in with more than just a shout, but a lot of it will be down to how Taylor can coach a squad into breaking down an athletic, creative-less, ambitionless opposition remains to be seen. Pep has done it with the men but it might be the limits of Taylor's coaching skills that will be the determining factor. We have a squad of good players - umpteen are regularly picked for the England team. Is Taylor gonna get the best out of them? He didn't manage it last season. We will have to wait and see. The first home match is gonna inform us substantially as to how the season will unfold.

The one positive I'd suggest is that last season there were a daft amount of changes and it took time for the team to settle. This year that isn't the case and we've brought in a very good player in Roord. We *may* see some progression, and other teams may go through some of the problems we had last season - players getting settled, not knowing the best XI etc.

Of course, we've still got to overcome the handicap that is our manager...

Maybe that is the plan.

Don't know anything about Nielson or his background, but he surely has to be better than anything we have witnessed from Taylor.

I am concerned that our better players will get fed up and look to move on if the team doesn't show improvement.

I honestly believe we have lost players because of Taylor and his lack of ability / motivation etc.

That’s obviously the strategy to give the D of F time but us finishing 4th or 5th really isn’t going to help.

I thought that last season, can't see us winning anything this time either. I'd love to know what those in charge of the women's set up really think of Taylor and the women' s team generally.

Sadly I think they must be reasonably happy seeing as they haven't pulled the trigger on his time with us.

Whether this is just acceptance of the level we are at or simply giving him another chance to show that he has some talent , is the question.

Seeing the growth of interest in the womens game together with the improvement the rags team and others, has made, it looks like complacency/ indifference to me, but I am not itk. If that is the case I find it very disappointing when seeing the success of the men's teams achievements.

I think a substantial improvement is needed to save Taylor's skin, but he is running out of time.

Ragettes have another season with 12 players every week if this first refereeing performance is anything to go by.

- Rachael Daly gets brought down in the box, then the defender stops the ball with her arm = no penalty for either.

- Villa player gets wiped out on the edge of the box as a cross comes in towards her that nearly takes her head off right Infront of the ref = No free kick or penalty.

- Villa player with a high boot that catches the rag player in the side of the chest/arm... referee had the red card out within a millisecond and didn't even give it a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.