Women's Team Thread 2023/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure, Utd have lost some seriously talented players over the summer, I've not been keeping abreast of their new signings, but doubt they'll be anything like as strong as last season.

They might lose a few more if they bring greenwood back.

Sarina Wiegman is a totally class act. I wish city would throw money at her and get her to the blues. Imagine her coaching the women with Pep coaching the men.

Last edited:
Four lionesses nominated for the Ballon d’or, Millie Bright but not Lauren Hemp? I lost count of how many passes from Bright went astray at the WC.

This is probably where City finishing 4th and not even qualifying for Champions League has an impact.

We need to sort this out and get back above the rags at the very least this season.

Four lionesses nominated for the Ballon d’or, Millie Bright but not Lauren Hemp? I lost count of how many passes from Bright went astray at the WC.
Or you could look at it that we have 3 players included on the 30 player list with Bunny Shaw, Yui Hasegawa & Jill Roord (although obviously not with us but Hayley Raso also nominated). Same number as Chelsea and 2 more than the ragettes and (being charitable) 1 more than Arsenal.

Or you could look at it that we have 3 players included on the 30 player list with Bunny Shaw, Yui Hasegawa & Jill Roord (although obviously not with us but Hayley Raso also nominated). Same number as Chelsea and 2 more than the ragettes and (being charitable) 1 more than Arsenal.
As an FOC I prefer to look at it from a negative slant ; )

This is probably where City finishing 4th and not even qualifying for Champions League has an impact.

We need to sort this out and get back above the rags at the very least this season.

Taylor must be in the last chance saloon this season. We need a positive start.

Taylor must be in the last chance saloon this season. We need a positive start.

Zero excuses this season. We go into this season with far less disruption as compared to the last two years and with people like Hasegawa already settled. United have lost two (possibly three if Earps goes) and it'll take some time to integrate their replacements so we have to finish above them. Really excited to see Roord playing for us and it'll be good to see how Park progresses after a strong season at Everton.

Zero excuses this season. We go into this season with far less disruption as compared to the last two years and with people like Hasegawa already settled. United have lost two (possibly three if Earps goes) and it'll take some time to integrate their replacements so we have to finish above them. Really excited to see Roord playing for us and it'll be good to see how Park progresses after a strong season at Everton.

I see united have signed the WC Golden Boot winner Miyazawa from Japan. She's a very good player but in terms of style she's about as far from replacing Russo as she could be. Even Taylor should be able to get us back above that lot this year. Tempted to suggest we should move for Earps just because it'd screw them up, but maybe not quite fair on our keepers. Roebuck is another with a lot to prove this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.