Women's Team Thread 2023/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see united have signed the WC Golden Boot winner Miyazawa from Japan. She's a very good player but in terms of style she's about as far from replacing Russo as she could be. Even Taylor should be able to get us back above that lot this year. Tempted to suggest we should move for Earps just because it'd screw them up, but maybe not quite fair on our keepers. Roebuck is another with a lot to prove this season.

Yeah I've only been following women's football over the past couple of years and Roebuck was always rated as a top young talent (and ahead of Earps in the England pecking order). I haven't really seen her kick on though in the time I've been watching so I agree she has a bit to prove. MacIver seems highly rated but can't say I've seen much of her.

Personally I can't see that Earps would fancy joining us anyway. After a pretty understated career so far, she's in the form of her life and her stock has never been higher. But she's 30 and needs to maximise the time she has left in her career to win and earn as much as possible. Arsenal need a goalie, they have a pretty established pedigree in challenging for the title and in Europe. They've also shown a way bigger commitment than other clubs to playing at the main stadium. They're the obvious move if she wants to stay in England.

This is probably where City finishing 4th and not even qualifying for Champions League has an impact.

We need to sort this out and get back above the rags at the very least this season.
We really do. think it will be tough though, I know they have lost a few players but their manager, awful as he comes across, appears to have more of a clue than Taylor. that may be a bit mean but it's how I feel.

We really do. think it will be tough though, I know they have lost a few players but their manager, awful as he comes across, appears to have more of a clue than Taylor. that may be a bit mean but it's how I feel.
It’s not mean, Taylor is a nice guy but tactically lacking, the rags coach is a **** but might be better tactically.

Based upon his time here and evidence of his management ability, your comment is not mean but brutally honest.

He looks out of his depth and uninspiring and it is disappointing that he hasn't already been replaced imo.

There are reported comments that purport to be supportive, but it is unlikely that players will be honest if they have grievances, and are still having to play for him.

The fact that we have lost some good players could suggest that they left for reasons other than just better money on offer.

Players being pissed off about being played in the wrong positions for example , has been quoted I believe.

Anyway he needs to shape up immediately or be replaced before we fall too far behind the better teams.

Based upon his time here and evidence of his management ability, your comment is not mean but brutally honest.

He looks out of his depth and uninspiring and it is disappointing that he hasn't already been replaced.

There are reported comments which purport to be supportive, but it is unlikely that players will be honest if they have grievances. The fact that we have lost some good players could suggest that they left for reasons other than just better money on offer.

Players being pissed off about being played in the wrong positions for example , has been quoted I believe.
Yes when he finally is replaced we may hear more. Maybe ex players are just being respectful of the club. I am also surprised that he is still at the helm though. I do sometimes wonder if we have actually looked for someone but been unsuccessful.

Yes when he finally is replaced we may hear more. Maybe ex players are just being respectful of the club. I am also surprised that he is still at the helm though. I do sometimes wonder if we have actually looked for someone but been unsuccessful.

I am sure that there are much better than Taylor somewhere in Women's football who could be persuaded to move to City.

The club have either been very patient with him or guilty of being bloody complacent regarding his management or lack of .

NB it is bloody annoying having Earps, Russo and Toone splashed all over the tv thanks to their performances for England, when up until a few years ago, the rags couldn't be arsed about a female team.

Last edited:

Speaking to friends who follow United, they're v much of the impression that Skinner is a unpopular with the squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.