Women's Team Thread 2023/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't make my mind up whether it's GT who has found the elixir or that the players have individually and collectively found their mojos. Bunny has been a phenomenal goal machine, Lauren Hemp continues with her input, and Jess Park has begun to shine! And the defenxe has been pretty rock solid. I think I'll put it down to a team and coaching staff masterclass. (Can I say 'masterclass' in women's footy?)
Mistressclass

Better a packed smaller stadium than a 2/3's empty huge stadium.

This is the thing though, if they'd have planned ahead and advertised it properly it needn't have been that way. This is our biggest league game in years and also Steph Houghton's last home game. There's easily scope to surpass the 40k who attended the derby earlier in the season. This feels like a missed opportunity.

Our attendances have been falling behind that of not just our rivals, but also less well established teams. The club have done a lot to address a lot of the areas we were falling behind in of late, I hope attendances/drumming up more support if next on the list.

You know what, seeing how Hayes and Eidevall have behaved fairly regularly this season, makes me appreciate Taylor a bit more. He's always been dignified when representing the club and comes across well, unlike them. I've had doubts about his ability, but if success comes then I'm really pleased for him.
Fair comment. I said after the defeats against real and spurs in the same week that I’d not go again while GT was in charge, so I guess it’s karma that I tried to get a couple of tickets last night and it was sold out. He definitely seems to have turned things round, which I did not expect. Still 2 tricky fixtures to navigate

Fair comment. I said after the defeats against real and spurs in the same week that I’d not go again while GT was in charge, so I guess it’s karma that I tried to get a couple of tickets last night and it was sold out. He definitely seems to have turned things round, which I did not expect. Still 2 tricky fixtures to navigate
It's impossible to not give him credit. We've been on a phenomenal run this season and played some great football. That said, i do think there are a couple of slight caveats.

We have been very lucky with injuries compared to our rivals. Losing a player as talismanic as Roord was huge but aside from that we've been incredibly fortunate. I think question marks remain around Taylor's ability to change things up in-game when needed and the fact the team have stayed so injury free has meant he hasn't had to change his starting 11 too much.

I think we looked very blunted without Shaw against Bristol City and if that injury had happened earlier in the season and she'd missed more games, I'm not sure whether or not he would have been able to find an answer for that.

The way Jess Park has performed since filling in for Roord has been incredible. On the flipside though, you could ask why she was getting so few minutes before that. She got in the team because he was forced to play her. Credit it to him to have got her playing so well in a new position though.

There's no doubt he's turned things around this season, and having the support of Nielsen has clearly rejuvenated things behind the scenes. I'm still not convinced how he would cope with the need to be more dynamic and creative with his tactics/lineups, but i can only judge him on the hand he's been dealt this season and he's done really well.

Not if you're trying to grow the game and people can't get tickets
Definitely a shame if people want to go and can't. I wonder if we're prioritising playing the game at the team's 'home' venue? A more familiar setting for the players, Arsenal women may raise their game playing at the Etihad etc.

This is the thing though, if they'd have planned ahead and advertised it properly it needn't have been that way. This is our biggest league game in years and also Steph Houghton's last home game. There's easily scope to surpass the 40k who attended the derby earlier in the season. This feels like a missed opportunity.

Our attendances have been falling behind that of not just our rivals, but also less well established teams. The club have done a lot to address a lot of the areas we were falling behind in of late, I hope attendances/drumming up more support if next on the list.

I hope there's consideration for increasing the capacity at the Joie in years to come. Not making it huge, but potentially moving it up to 15k or something like that?

Maybe not needed right now, but if the game continues to grow then it feels like in maybe 5 years that needs could be realistic.

Definitely a shame if people want to go and can't. I wonder if we're prioritising playing the game at the team's 'home' venue? A more familiar setting for the players, Arsenal women may raise their game playing at the Etihad etc.
Are we contracted to play a minimum number of home WSL games at the Joie stadium as part of the sponsorship agreement with the company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.