Women's Team Thread 2023/2024

Nit picking on a happy day day for City fans but I am 1/2 pisssd and this rubbed me the wrong way.

City Women announced a few players (5 maybe?) would not be coming back, on Instagram.

Ruby Mace is one player being released. Whomever runs the City Women's account could not even @ her correctly in saying goodbye. The account they referenced is some Indian bloke who likes motorcycles.

In my opinion, that is disrespectful. They woman goes out and trains every day with the "star players" and gives her all when she is called upon to play. The least they can do is get her information right. To me, it comes across as a big "Fuck you. We can't be bothered."

I may be the only one this is important to (other than maybe Ruby and her family) but it is low class.

Fin
The official announcement was half an hour after the game yesterday. There's a thread on it here:

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/exodus-part-2.364690/

The official announcement was half an hour after the game yesterday. There's a thread on it here:

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/exodus-part-2.364690/
Ok. Thank you. I appreciate it. That said, she was part of the team this season so I don't think this topic is inappropriate to address it.

I saw it today. The club could not even bother to have her social media information correct to "thank" her. Yes. Mistakes do happen. That said, it should not have and I do believe it was disrespectful.

Enjoy the Championship today, Blue.

Ok. Thank you. I appreciate it. That said, she was part of the team this season so I don't think this topic is inappropriate to address it.

I saw it today. The club could not even bother to have her social media information correct to "thank" her. Yes. Mistakes do happen. That said, it should not have and I do believe it was disrespectful.

Enjoy the Championship today, Blue.
The post linking to another social media account that isn’t Ruby was posted on a city women’s fan club instagram. It wasn’t the club that got her social info incorrect

Good choice of manager that. Someone who knows the women's game and know what they are going. They may not have a drop off after all.

Good choice of manager that. Someone who knows the women's game and know what they are going. They may not have a drop off after all.

The kind of signing we should have been looking at instead of giving the bottler another contract.

The kind of signing we should have been looking at instead of giving the bottler another contract.
Yes I agree, I should have been braver with my original comment rather than implying! I do wonder why we offered an extension and if we actually tested the waters elsewhere but couldn't get who we wanted or didn't bother.

One of Caspirij or Morgan out?

I'd have thought right back would be the last position we needed to strengthen unless someone was leaving?
Agree that i wouldn't have seen RB as a priority but i guess we're taking a leaf out of Chelsea's book and if a top class player becomes available, snap them up and let players fight for their place. Casparij has been solid this season though as well as a great character around the club.

Maybe Morgan's future is at CB. That's definitely where the England set up seems to have gotten the best out of her. And Taylor didn't even use her at RB when Casparij was suspended. Desperately hope we keep her and she gets a chance next season due to there being (hopefully) some games in UCL. I don't think she's been given a fair crack of the whip at all with Taylor.

Agree that i wouldn't have seen RB as a priority but i guess we're taking a leaf out of Chelsea's book and if a top class player becomes available, snap them up and let players fight for their place. Casparij has been solid this season though as well as a great character around the club.

Maybe Morgan's future is at CB. That's definitely where the England set up seems to have gotten the best out of her. And Taylor didn't even use her at RB when Casparij was suspended. Desperately hope we keep her and she gets a chance next season due to there being (hopefully) some games in UCL. I don't think she's been given a fair crack of the whip at all with Taylor.
As I mentioned with Mace, if your not in Taylors 1-11, your as good as forgotten about until he needs you.

I believe one of the other coaches takes training for anyone not in his planned starting 11.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.