Women's Team Thread 2023/2024

As I mentioned with Mace, if your not in Taylors 1-11, your as good as forgotten about until he needs you.

I believe one of the other coaches takes training for anyone not in his planned starting 11.

Really not into that at all. Sounds like the team spirit they have is despite him rather than because of him. Also our squad isn't big enough or deep enough to be able to get away with ostracizing players like that.

On a happier note - really positive piece on City from Jessy Parker Humphreys in the Athletic this week. Does sound like the team working above Taylor are really on it and that the players are a really close group.

Non pay-walled link here

Really not into that at all. Sounds like the team spirit they have is despite him rather than because of him. Also our squad isn't big enough or deep enough to be able to get away with ostracizing players like that.

On a happier note - really positive piece on City from Jessy Parker Humphreys in the Athletic this week. Does sound like the team working above Taylor are really on it and that the players are a really close group.

Non pay-walled link here

Written by Jess(y) Park(er) (Humphreys)....?

She really needs to work on a better pseudonym...

Written by Jess(y) Park(er) (Humphreys)....?

She really needs to work on a better pseudonym...
Jessy is a football journalist and Chelsea fan. She is the lead presenter on the 'Blue Royalty' podcast which is dedicated to Chelsea's women's team.

Jessy is a football journalist and Chelsea fan. She is the lead presenter on the 'Blue Royalty' podcast which is dedicated to Chelsea's women's team.

I think Jessy is a they rather than a she. They also co-host the Counterpressed podcast which is a bit more or an irreverent take on women's football but i really enjoy it. I've crossed paths with those folks a couple of times working on some women's football events and they're a great bunch.

Just announced ….. Sonia Bompastor has been appointed head coach of Chelsea women moving from Lyon.This shows the will of a club intending to stay at the very top , unlike City who seem happy to continue with Taylor who appears to be unable to select or keep good players who continue to leave to get playing time elsewhere. Last season had all the making of a good season spoiled by a manager who was unable to make bold decisions at critical times during games and who appeared to be at odds with several players who where continually overlooked for playing time to enable his “favourites” to play.
This transfer period may see another raft of players leaving (the first being Morgan) who have not been given the support from the Manager. Bompastor to City would have been the best news for years.

Just announced ….. Sonia Bompastor has been appointed head coach of Chelsea women moving from Lyon.This shows the will of a club intending to stay at the very top , unlike City who seem happy to continue with Taylor who appears to be unable to select or keep good players who continue to leave to get playing time elsewhere. Last season had all the making of a good season spoiled by a manager who was unable to make bold decisions at critical times during games and who appeared to be at odds with several players who where continually overlooked for playing time to enable his “favourites” to play.
This transfer period may see another raft of players leaving (the first being Morgan) who have not been given the support from the Manager. Bompastor to City would have been the best news for years.

Whilst I am not a fan of Taylor, attracting Bompastor to City as opposed to Chelsea , might have been a step too far. She has come from a very succesful team in Lyon and City might not have had the same pull as Chelsea .

I was disappointed when City announced that they had given Taylor a new contract, because despite the team achieving 2nd place in the league, he just isn't proactive or decisive when games are not progressing, and his judgement appears questionable, especially towards certain players.

The club should be concerned about the loss of better players surely.

Anyway I guess we will have to see which new players come in /injured players return etc before he can be judged. But if the same management issues are on view, hopefully the club will act promptly and bring in a better coach/manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.