Women's Team Thread 2023/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Hemp showed during the WC that she's a top tier player and it's down to us to get the best out of her. Kelly might not be in the top tier category but she's a hard worker with a great attitude and I don't think she'd hold a good side back. Fowler definitely should be paying every week and if City aren't able to make it work then she'll surely be off at the end of the season.

Wonder if we'll create space for another wide player by moving Hemp into a front 2 alongside Bunny. She was great part wrong Russo in the WC.
I can’t think of the right words to describe what I see with Hemp as she obviously is really good, yet she frustrates me most of the time.

Is it that she doesn’t release the ball at the best time most of the time? I just think she’s got a much higher ceiling than she has shown so far, and maybe it’s just that. It’ll come to me one day, or she’ll be bagging loads of goals.

If Hemp moves centrally, which she could do, Fowler won’t get much game time, sadly.

I think Hemp showed during the WC that she's a top tier player and it's down to us to get the best out of her. Kelly might not be in the top tier category but she's a hard worker with a great attitude and I don't think she'd hold a good side back. Fowler definitely should be paying every week and if City aren't able to make it work then she'll surely be off at the end of the season.

Wonder if we'll create space for another wide player by moving Hemp into a front 2 alongside Bunny. She was great part wrong Russo in the WC.
Won't happen. All teams in the CFG have to play to a certain structure so that it's a recognisable product. Think this was stated in one of Khaldoon's end of season interviews. Obviously the formation can be tweaked somewhat and I think that's why Taylor was using Aleixandri in the hybrid defender/midfielder role a la Pep until she got injured.

I think that Fowler is unfortunately behind Castellanos in the pecking order for Taylor though I think she showed enough at the World Cup to become the regular starter instead.

Won't happen. All teams in the CFG have to play to a certain structure so that it's a recognisable product. Think this was stated in one of Khaldoon's end of season interviews. Obviously the formation can be tweaked somewhat and I think that's why Taylor was using Aleixandri in the hybrid defender/midfielder role a la Pep until she got injured.

I think that Fowler is unfortunately behind Castellanos in the pecking order for Taylor though I think she showed enough at the World Cup to become the regular starter instead.

Agreed, but we keep signing number 10s and then not knowing what to do with them, which isn't ideal. Lavelle, Castellanos and Fowler have all struggled because of this. Not sure about Roord either - she scores quite a few, is she a number 10 as well?

Think Hasegawa would probably be best in that role too, but she's managed to drop deeper and still perform.

I can’t think of the right words to describe what I see with Hemp as she obviously is really good, yet she frustrates me most of the time.

Is it that she doesn’t release the ball at the best time most of the time? I just think she’s got a much higher ceiling than she has shown so far, and maybe it’s just that. It’ll come to me one day, or she’ll be bagging loads of goals.

If Hemp moves centrally, which she could do, Fowler won’t get much game time, sadly.

I don't think Hemp is getting the best coaching under Taylor either tbh

Chuck the fucking budget at Weigman.. at least she has players respecting her and. Playing for her. I know this is a pipe dream but I am frustrated by the lack of development in the womens team.

A couple of well placed posters on here predicted major changes in the women’s set up this summer but that’s not really happened. Taylor extended and only one major change on the playing side. I could be wrong but it feels like the upper echelons at City have lost interest in the Women’s team or maybe there were so many changes during the last couple of years that they want some stability. Either way. Taylor must be under massive scrutiny this season.

A couple of well placed posters on here predicted major changes in the women’s set up this summer but that’s not really happened. Taylor extended and only one major change on the playing side. I could be wrong but it feels like the upper echelons at City have lost interest in the Women’s team or maybe there were so many changes during the last couple of years that they want some stability. Either way. Taylor must be under massive scrutiny this season.
I'm sure we all said last season Taylor must be under scrutiny but here we are again and he's extended for another year. More of the same this season for the women's team I think.

I'm sure we all said last season Taylor must be under scrutiny but here we are again and he's extended for another year. More of the same this season for the women's team I think.

Very disappointing outcome for me.

Was hoping we would have found a decent replacement and waved him goodbye .

Chuck the fucking budget at Weigman.. at least she has players respecting her and. Playing for her. I know this is a pipe dream but I am frustrated by the lack of development in the womens team.

Can't imagine there are many who don't feel exactly the same, and It's what I find frustrating with the approach of the club, as we seem to be accepting mediocrity by keeping Taylor in post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.