Women's Team Thread 2023/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was just gonna post this! Lithuania were not very good so it's not much of a marker. Didn't see our goalie making a save! It Uefa's highlights on YouTube I think, so they've picked the best bits and Lithers didn't have any!
Re-run of the match being shown on the red buton at 9pm tonight.

Lucy Bronze to Chelsea has been confirmed...

Can't argue with what she's achieved in the game but she's nowhere near the player she once was.

No I'm pretty pleased tbh that she'll be occupying the RB position for them. Don't know fans of any other clubs that are particularly envious of that signing. They have made a couple of others I'm nervous about though!

No I'm pretty pleased tbh that she'll be occupying the RB position for them. Don't know fans of any other clubs that are particularly envious of that signing. They have made a couple of others I'm nervous about though!

I don't think Bronze will be an automatic starter at Chelsea. We already have two players in that position, Perriset, who is a regular in the French NT and Lawrence, who is a star of the Canadian NT.

I don't think the current version of Bronze is better than either, especially Perriset, who I think is one of the best players at Chelsea. I wasn't particularly keen on this signing when I heard the rumours a few weeks ago. Now that she's here, it's pretty cool to see such big legend in women's football in a Chelsea shirt.

I don't think Bronze will be an automatic starter at Chelsea. We already have two players in that position, Perriset, who is a regular in the French NT and Lawrence, who is a star of the Canadian NT.

I don't think the current version of Bronze is better than either, especially Perriset, who I think is one of the best players at Chelsea. I wasn't particularly keen on this signing when I heard the rumours a few weeks ago. Now that she's here, it's pretty cool to see such big legend in women's football in a Chelsea shirt.

This is what I thought too re Perriset but it has been quite widely reported that Barca offered Bronze an extension and she rejected it on grounds of them not offering assurances around playing time. So you'd assume Chelsea have made those assurances. Maybe she just fancies linking back up with Bompastor but I can't see her settling for a bench role with the Euros coming up next year.

This is what I thought too re Perriset but it has been quite widely reported that Barca offered Bronze an extension and she rejected it on grounds of them not offering assurances around playing time. So you'd assume Chelsea have made those assurances. Maybe she just fancies linking back up with Bompastor but I can't see her settling for a bench role with the Euros coming up next year.

She'll have to rotate in and out of the team at the very least. I haven't been super impressed with Lawrence whenever I've seen her for Chelsea but she arrived with a very big reputation, but definitely Perriset is a top a player who, in my opinion, should be the starting RB. Bronze isn't anywhere near the level she was at in her prime, so I hope the plan isn't to force her into the team because of her name at the expense of a better player.

But I suppose it's a clean slate for everyone with Bompastor, so Bronze (and Lawrence) will be given the chance to earn the spot and Perriset will have to show again why she's been the starting RB since she moved to Chelsea.

She'll have to rotate in and out of the team at the very least. I haven't been super impressed with Lawrence whenever I've seen her for Chelsea but she arrived with a very big reputation, but definitely Perriset is a top a player who, in my opinion, should be the starting RB. Bronze isn't anywhere near the level she was at in her prime, so I hope the plan isn't to force her into the team because of her name at the expense of a better player.

But I suppose it's a clean slate for everyone with Bompastor, so Bronze (and Lawrence) will be given the chance to earn the spot and Perriset will have to show again why she's been the starting RB since she moved to Chelsea.
Yeah Lawrence seems to have struggled at Chelsea and I think the change of manager is a fresh opportunity for her. That said I didn't realise she was a fullback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.