Women's Team Thread 2023/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another couple of players lined up, not been given names, only positions.

Winger/Forward (I'm guessing it's Aoba Fujino but not 100% sure)

The other is a goalkeeper.

Really hoping it's Fujino and yep we do obvs need a keeper for cover. I'd have thought we'd bring some cover in at CB too given the outgoing players. Absolutely gutted about Shimizu, really hope it is t what we're all thinking.

Stretchered off holding her knee.

Sounds like you-know-what... :-( Hopefully not.
Goodness me! Why is football in the Olympics anyway? The World Cup and the Continental competitions should be enough. I really hope that she isn't seriously injured.

Aoba Fujino looks like a good addition to the squad.

Presumably, she’ll be playing off Bunny, and picking up her knock-downs, in similar fashion to Frannie and Wyn Davies all those years ago.

Last edited:
Absolutely psyched with this Fujino signing. We've made three really top notch signings this summer (Still hoping Shimizu can actually play this season!)

I think think we need some more cover in central defence but if we do bring anyone in there it will be more squad/back up type signings.

Fujino coming in surely means Chloe Kelly leaves. Love her to bits but i do think it might be the right time for her have a fresh start somewhere.

Absolutely psyched with this Fujino signing. We've made three really top notch signings this summer (Still hoping Shimizu can actually play this season!)

I think think we need some more cover in central defence but if we do bring anyone in there it will be more squad/back up type signings.

Fujino coming in surely means Chloe Kelly leaves. Love her to bits but i do think it might be the right time for her have a fresh start somewhere.
Agree re Kelly - she looked disinterested last season… a move away would probably suit all parties. Chloe won’t want to sit on the bench and I can’t see her getting many starts, unless she has an upturn in form and shows more application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.