World Championships Snooker

leighton said:
If Ronnie O Sullivan is focused on his game he will be hard to beat. The most gifted snooker player of all time in my view.

Your statement is hard to dispute in lots of ways.......but

....in the 'arguably most gifted' corner - first there was Alex, then there was Jimmy, now there is Ronnie. A total of five world's between them....less than any of Reardon, Davis or Hendry have individually. So maybe the 'most gifted' is limited to 'potting when in full flow' rather than 'snooker player'.

I would always back Davis against Higgins, Hendry against White and 'the other' Higgins against O'Sullivan. In all but a real 'in the groove day' for the 'arguably most gifted' a betting profit was assured.

citiblue375 said:
leighton said:
If Ronnie O Sullivan is focused on his game he will be hard to beat. The most gifted snooker player of all time in my view.

....in the 'arguably most gifted' corner - first there was Alex, then there was Jimmy, now there is Ronnie. A total of five world's between them....less than any of Reardon, Davis or Hendry have individually. So maybe the 'most gifted' is limited to 'potting when in full flow' rather than 'snooker player'.

I would always back Davis against Higgins, Hendry against White and 'the other' Higgins against O'Sullivan. In all but a real 'in the groove day' for the 'arguably most gifted' a betting profit was assured.

Alex Higgins, White and Ronnie are the 3 fastest players ever to grace the tables. The reason why Davis, Hendry and J Higgins were always able to beat them was through seeing it through, taking their time, playing their own game. A fast paced player always gets wound up by the cautious kind, ala Ronnie vs Ebdon a few years back. Ronnie couldnt cope with the slower pace and just gave up.

All 6 of them players mentioned though, are without a doubt why snooker is still around and defo the greatest set of players ever, along with big Ray.

Hendry is playing really well this time around. Doubt we'll see King Hendry the 8th though. I fancy Robertson this year. Although you have potentially two blockbuster Q/F with Hendry v Maguire and Robertson v O' Sullivan/Williams. With three of those out it could be a great tournament for Judd Trump or Ryan Day.

Feed-The-Goat said:
citiblue375 said:
leighton said:

Alex Higgins, White and Ronnie are the 3 fastest players ever to grace the tables. The reason why Davis, Hendry and J Higgins were always able to beat them was through seeing it through, taking their time, playing their own game. A fast paced player always gets wound up by the cautious kind, ala Ronnie vs Ebdon a few years back. Ronnie couldnt cope with the slower pace and just gave up.

All 6 of them players mentioned though, are without a doubt why snooker is still around and defo the greatest set of players ever, along with big Ray.

I still think talent wise Ronnie is head and shoulders above these talent wise. He can score a century with either hand thats how good he is. Granted he hasnt got the mental side of a Davis or Hendry but his talent was never in question.

Pearcey said:
Ronnie just made an amazing clearance.

when he is in that from you just break off and sit down
he looks on fire and in the mood to take on anybody

£100 @ 12/1 on Hendry. Amazing that he has played in 27 consecutive World Championships and won 7. There are probably better players out there but the crowd will be going crazy for an 8th crown. Loads of experience and cueing pretty well for an old guy.

Watching the Ginger Magician in full flow was a sight for sore eyes.

You just had to be there maybe it's a generational thing.

Willie Thorn was the 147 King back in the day and punted as the most gifted,but he stuttered around the table when it came to cash balls.

Ronnie is good but I prefer Jimmy or Alex any day of the week.

anybody who can play with both hands and i mean play not just 1 shot
is on another planet ronnie is the best snooker player that we have seen if only he could sort out his head he would have broke all records and would have won double
the worlds he's won

he make's it look so easy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.