World Cup 2018 | 3rd July | R16: Colombia vs England Match Thread, KO 19:00 (BST)

Im not venting. I’m saying there weren’t good enough. They were called WC. They weren’t. A team full of WC players usually gets further than they ever managed.

As for my own countries shortcomings? We can’t be that bad as you were jammy bastards getting a draw at Hampden.

We might indeed be shite, but on the recent showings you ain’t that much better. Which is really my whole point. Not being as good as you think you are. I said in another thread, you better hooe the players dropped against Belgium stay fit because, you had fuckall against Belgiums B team.

That was the chance to step up and put yourself in contention. They couldn’t.

For a country of 60m and all the cash, you are piss poor internationally in relative terms. It’s not just us who aren’t producing real class. Look at the top teams in the EP, then count the Englishmen who are the main men.

Thin on the ground.

Oh do piss off

A game both teams have qualified , ungelled b team v their b team - it was game time and a bit of fitness and us finishing 2nd in our group could potentially work in our favour - now if you want to keep harping on about that pointless match then go ahead ... mean time we’re preparing ourselves for a last 16 match in the World Cup whilst the Scots will be preying we lose because they have fu*k all else to cheer on yet again , the sad fuckers.

England went into the World Cup with very little expectation , and this will work in their favour , our previous golden generation were over hyped and they could not handle the situation , the fact we have got the media actually exuding positivity is great work from Southgate a master stroke. But if we get beat by Columbia then Southgate and Sterling will probably be the targets for any venom from the media , although it appears Pickford is also now on the scapegoat list as well , just hope he doesnt buy a house for his mum , it could get nasty.

England went into the World Cup with very little expectation , and this will work in their favour , our previous golden generation were over hyped and they could not handle the situation , the fact we have got the media actually exuding positivity is great work from Southgate a master stroke. But if we get beat by Columbia then Southgate and Sterling will probably be the targets for any venom from the media , although it appears Pickford is also now on the scapegoat list as well , just hope he doesnt buy a house for his mum , it could get nasty.

Sad really. Game of football. Could easily lose and no ones fault yet these young kids will get endless abuse.

Sterling probably feels the pressure but that hasn't stopped Southgate picking him and all the lads getting behind him. There is a good feel around the squad and the media hasn't laid into them nowhere near as bad in the past. Even at Euro 96 they tried their best to make them out to be alcoholics and going to feck up, but the next day we paste the Netherlands.

The only downside is the squad, as I've mentioned before is nothing special, but we have seen Portugal and Greece do great things with a basic squad

Im not venting. I’m saying there weren’t good enough. They were called WC. They weren’t. A team full of WC players usually gets further than they ever managed.

As for my own countries shortcomings? We can’t be that bad as you were jammy bastards getting a draw at Hampden.

We might indeed be shite, but on the recent showings you ain’t that much better. Which is really my whole point. Not being as good as you think you are. I said in another thread, you better hooe the players dropped against Belgium stay fit because, you had fuckall against Belgiums B team.

That was the chance to step up and put yourself in contention. They couldn’t.

For a country of 60m and all the cash, you are piss poor internationally in relative terms. It’s not just us who aren’t producing real class. Look at the top teams in the EP, then count the Englishmen who are the main men.

Thin on the ground.
Collectively I agree, we weren't good enough but to say we didn't have world class players is absolute tripe. I hate half of them but prime Campbell, Terry, Ferdinand, Cole, Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney and Owen would have played for every team in the world. The likes of Neville (spit), Hargreaves and Carragher would have played for most. This is only the 'golden generation'.

At the end of the day we haven't won anything since 66 but there's no shame in that, there's better nations in world football. At the same time, England have been unlucky and could have gone further had we been better at penalties or if Campbell's header(s) weren't disallowed. One last thing, England's failures would be successes for Scotland.

Not much better? Give your head a wobble, we're miles in front. City drew at Palace last season, England aren't as good as City and Scotland aren't as good as Palace but the gap is just as big.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.