World Cup 2018 | 7th July | QF: Sweden vs England Match Thread, KO 15:00 (BST)

Anyone know any decent places near picc station showing the game on Sat? Got a friend coming in on the train quiet late so limited distance. Only place I can think of is the golf place just round the corner. Crown and Anchor going to be rammed I reckon.

Dive Bar in NQ has a lot of big screens. Pilcrow is a lovely bar, bit hidden, but doing the games now. Tib St Tav will do the game, hammered tho...

Waldorf used to be ok for City games

It's all getting a bit too giddy. Sweden will be a tough and probably very dour affair. Could go either way but as soon as we come up against a team that doesnt wrestle us on a corner, were fucked.

So far England has created or scored very few from open play, most of the goals are from set pieces or pens. Over all matches England produced 19 shots on target among which a few pens and scored 10 goals from that. England has no clean sheets and her defense took 4 goals so far having allowed 11 shots on their goal.

Sweden has a tall and fairly physical team and is quite well trained on set pieces herself as nordic football tends to be. They score from setpieces and pens as well as open play and likely have a more creative midfield. Over all matches Sweden had 16 shots on target of which a few a pen and scored a total of 6 goals. Sweden had 3 clean sheets and only 2 goal scored against it having allowed 13 shot on their goal. Arguably Sweden has seen somewhat heavier competition in the form of Germany and Mexico.

Overall both teams have about 4 to 5 chances on target on average per game.A very open and exciting match it does not prove to be.

Sweden will likely be a very tough client for England, there doesnt seem to be a clear favourite here.

So far England has created or scored very few from open play, most of the goals are from set pieces or pens. Over all matches England produced 19 shots on target among which a few pens and scored 10 goals from that. England has no clean sheets and her defense took 4 goals so far having allowed 11 shots on their goal.

Sweden has a tall and fairly physical team and is quite well trained on set pieces herself as nordic football tends to be. They score from setpieces and pens as well as open play and likely have a more creative midfield. Over all matches Sweden had 16 shots on target of which a few a pen and scored a total of 6 goals. Sweden had 3 clean sheets and only 2 goal scored against it having allowed 13 shot on their goal. Arguably Sweden has seen somewhat heavier competition in the form of Germany and Mexico.

Overall both teams have about 4 to 5 chances on target on average per game.A very open and exciting match it does not prove to be.

Sweden will likely be a very tough client for England, there doesnt seem to be a clear favourite here.
I know Sweden are tough but she won’t like it quite as rough as Colombia. She was so dirty. Sweden are well organised so she’ll be difficult to penetrate. England will be aware she may have to spend a lot of time and effort getting into her but it’ll be beautiful if she gets what she wants.

I would go 4-3-3

Pickford
Rose
Stones
McGuire
Walker
Henderson
Delph
Lingard
Sterling
Kane
Rashford

That would give us a more balanced midfield, plays Sterling in his favourite position, pace up front and support for Kane

If we played 4 at the back then Trippier would deserve to start ahead of Walker. His crossing is miles better, and he takes a great penalty too.

Question if rashford, lingard, young etc scored the winning goal for England in the world cup final would you celebrate like us winning the league with agueroooos goal, personally I don't think I could
I’d certainly celebrate mate, though nothing will ever come close to the aguerooo moment, not even england winning the world cup, city 1st for me every time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.