World Cup 2018 | 7th July | QF: Sweden vs England Match Thread, KO 15:00 (BST)

England have been about as good (or as poor, take your pick) as we expected them to be before the tournament. They'll be a better team two years up the road, for the Euros. As it is, both team and manager have fulfilled the contract, as far as I'm concerned. Quarter finals are o.k., Gareth. Semi-finals would be beyond our expectations. But Sweden are no better than England. This is definitely within the realms of possibility.
Us winning the whole thing is about as likely as Leicester City F.C. being EPL champions.

Leicester winning the EPL was 5000/1

England winning this World Cup was 16/1

36690246_995241677316731_8279582093437042688_n.jpg

Question if rashford, lingard, young etc scored the winning goal for England in the world cup final would you celebrate like us winning the league with agueroooos goal, personally I don't think I could

England have been about as good (or as poor, take your pick) as we expected them to be before the tournament. They'll be a better team two years up the road, for the Euros. As it is, both team and manager have fulfilled the contract, as far as I'm concerned. Quarter finals are o.k., Gareth. Semi-finals would be beyond our expectations. But Sweden are no better than England. This is definitely within the realms of possibility.
Us winning the whole thing is about as likely as Leicester City F.C. being EPL champions.
Quarter finals are ok?

As far as I'm aware, England weren't ranked in the top 8 aides in the world before the tournament and were in the group of second seeds. That implies their expected finish would be the Round of 16.

Quarter finals is exceeding expectations.

Quarter finals are ok?

As far as I'm aware, England weren't ranked in the top 8 aides in the world before the tournament and were in the group of second seeds. That implies their expected finish would be the Round of 16.

Quarter finals is exceeding expectations.
Fifa's rankings are nonsense. They are going to change the way they're calculated, but looking at them, i doubt they've done it yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.