world cup bettting thread

Solihull Samba Boys said:
I think North Korea are something like 6/4 to be the team who concedes the most goals in the group stages. Their group contains the Ivory Coast, Portugal, and Brazil.

Be careful with that. 6/4 sounds very low in a 32-horse race, especially when the likes of New Zealand, Japan, Algeria, Honduras and Slovenia are in the running. North Korea play with a 5-man defence and usually park the bus. 12 of their 14 qualifiers featured under 2.5 goals.

Let's see here:

Lionel Messi top scorer at 10-1

I bet on Spain and Argentina both to win. I think if the crazy man can manage to bring it all together Argentina will win and if he can't Spain will. So covering my butt there a little.

Took a risk on SA to win against Mexico in the opener.

Have the US and England to draw.

Messi as top scorer on Argentina.

And last but not least Messi again this time to score over 3.5 goals for the tourney.

Ive already backed Argentina at 8/1 and Messi for topscorer 10/1. Also had a small each way on Italy at 16/1 as they always seem to do well even when not playing well. As an outsider I backed Serbia at 66/1 - I think they should qualify & are a value bet to top the Group 9/2 that includes Germany. I think France are worth opposing and 3/1 for Uruguay in Friday's 2nd match is a decent bet.

ive done 130 odd accumulators on the group straight forecast, all eight groups pick 1st and 2nd, ranging from .25p stake to £5, minimum win 20k maximum £180k, total stake £170, allsorts of combinations, not sure why as i never gamble just thought it would make the entire group stage interesting for me!

i keep reading about past form an injury or friendly result and going back and putting a few more on so Friday hurry the fuck up so i can just watch it and stop my futile gambling.

I have money on Holland to win as well as Argentina.
My outsider is Ivory Coast at 60-1 which i think is a cracking bet.
I have England to go out as semi-finalists and regarding top goalscorers - Van Persie at 11-1, Messi at 7-1 and Lampard at 66-1 which i think is a TOP value bet considering he scores a few and will no doubt take penalties.

prestwichblue92 said:
I have money on Holland to win as well as Argentina.
My outsider is Ivory Coast at 60-1 which i think is a cracking bet.
I have England to go out as semi-finalists and regarding top goalscorers - Van Persie at 11-1, Messi at 7-1 and Lampard at 66-1 which i think is a TOP value bet considering he scores a few and will no doubt take penalties.

I have had a little dabble at this got 85 on betfair

MCFC-OKAY said:
Humberto Suazo a decent bet for top goalscorer at 80/1 ladbrokes. He was top international scorer last year and Chile are in a group that includes Honduras and Switzerland. A good bet.

I've actually got Chile reaching the quarters i think, high altitude team, some very good players and a fairly easy draw.

MCFC-OKAY said:
Humberto Suazo a decent bet for top goalscorer at 80/1 ladbrokes. He was top international scorer last year and Chile are in a group that includes Honduras and Switzerland. A good bet.

True a good player - he's currently out with a hamstring strain sustained last week though so is a doubt for the first game. That game is against Honduras too so will be a good opportunity for goals. Excellent price though at anywhere between 80-120/1 just depends how far they progress

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.