world cup bettting thread

£30 on Spain
£10 on Holland
£10 on Van Persie to win golden boot @ 16-1
£2 e/w(£4) on Robinho to win golden boot @ 40/1
£2 on all the group winners, i've gone for all the favourites aprt from france and i've gone for Uruguay. Pays out £120.78p
And for today a Uruguay and Mexico double, £2, returns £13

Oh and 50p e/w(£1) on Mphela, South Africa's striker to win the golden boot, 200-1. That one is a shot in the dark based on nothing apart from a girl from work is from South Africa

thegoat10 said:
Sounds great in theory but you ll get to a point where you have won 20 or so on the trot and you ll be needing to put £1000 on something you dont really want to.

it would still be worth doing up until you bottle it though. id never make it the whole way but using you example of £1000 its still a great return off a tenner if you pulled it off.

levey said:
thegoat10 said:
Sounds great in theory but you ll get to a point where you have won 20 or so on the trot and you ll be needing to put £1000 on something you dont really want to.

it would still be worth doing up until you bottle it though. id never make it the whole way but using you example of £1000 its still a great return off a tenner if you pulled it off.

Your not wrong, me and my brother tried it this football season. £10 in each at the start of the season and just all in on a game - Chelsea at home 1/3. We did ok for a while and got to a point where we had £250ish. We both tolk £50 out so we had made our money and a bit more and then carried on with the same theory, went tits up when Colchester drew 0-0 at home with someone crap. Good idea though.
Next year there are 4 of us in on it, we each pick the 1 team we think we will win, any fixture any odds. £10 win 4 fold and see how we go from there.

Bilston Blue said:
Golden Boot - Diego Forlan - 66/1. Each way, so pays if he finishes top 4.

Todays matches S.Africa / Mexico draw & Uruguay to win. Pays at 10/1

Now looking for odds for France to fail to get out of group.

2-1 at Coral. I fancy them to fail misarably but wasn't prepared to put money on it with such poor odds. I think they are really poor odds when you consider they are actually favouties to win the group

Double on England & Argentina tomorrow
Germany and Serbia to qualify from their group.

Far too early for other bets, really have to see a bit of football before forecasting on the tournament. As it is, Spain are ridiculously short priced at the moment, perhaps a little hiccup in the group might see their price improve, ditto Brazil.

levey said:
my mate has just emailed me this. seems interesting.

£10 - £4457 World Cup Challenge

The idea is to make 10% profit per game (64 games)

So basically find something at 1/10 or 1.1 and back that or find something at 10/1 and lay that.. If you make more than that on any one game you bank the extra profit and carry on. So you take your extra 10% e.g £11 from the first game and place the same bet on the second match and so on and so on.

Obviously when you get further into the tournament your stakes/liabilities will be huge but ultimately the worst case scenario is that you lose £10 by tea time today.

don't really understand this - if I place £10 on let's say holland to beat denmark at 1/10, I will win £1. Do I then put this £1 on the next match, or do I put £11 on?

So far I've had:

Argentina to win it - £5 at 8/1
Germany to win it - £2 at 15/1

Argentina, England and Germany to win opening games - £10 at 2.1/1 (Betfair 3.1)
Argentina, Slovenia and Germany to win opening games - £10 at 3.6/1 (Betfair 4.6)

Tomorrow I've got:

Cameroon, Netherlands and Italy to win - £10 at 5.9/1 (Betfair 6.9)

i bet on a seven match winning bet. thankfully not seven wins.. ;-)

the accumulator by the big yellow bafanas!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FpJPt12VEA[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.