World Cup Predictions

Me being Dutch I hold no high hopes whatsoever for Holland to qualify for the knock-out stages. Nor does a British mate of mine fancy England doing the same. So we arranged a meeting for 2 days to see both Holland and (the next day) England play what we think is their final match in the groupstage.

Belgium has a great squad, but no experience. And non of their players other than Kompany, Hazard and maybe Courtois hold a main position at their clubs. I do expect them to get in the QF, depending on who they'll meet in the knock-out rounds.

4 favourites imo: Brasil, Argentina, Germany and Spain (in that particular order).

I have a feeling we'll surprise a few teams and lose to Argentina in the semi's. Argentina will go onto win it.

Off to the bookies

Suarez to dive and get Gerrard sent off causing a big ruckus in the Liverpool camp would be nice - a la Rooney & Ronaldo

None of our players pick up any injuries and return to city in one fucking piece. Not really arsed who wins it, won't be England so as long as good footy is played without diving and theatricals just sit back and enjoy, it will help pass the time during close season.

Gaylord du Bois said:
England to knockout Brazil in the quaters.

That's my prediction as well.

I think if we beat Italy in the group - which I think we will - then I see us topping the group, Uruguay are not all that bar Suarez and Cavani and Cavani hasn't been great at all for his national team whenever I have seen him, in the Olympics and the Confederations Cup he was bang average.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.