World Cup Predictions

Puppet Master Silva said:
If Belgium don't make the semi's they've let themselves down big time.
Bit harsh it's their first major tournament, I'd expect semis + in france in 2 years.

aguero93:20 said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
If Belgium don't make the semi's they've let themselves down big time.
Bit harsh it's their first major tournament, I'd expect semis + in france in 2 years.

Not at all harsh, they'll never have a better squad than they do right now. If they only make the quarters they'll look back after their careers are over and be hugely disappointed.

Belgium remind me of City going into our first few Champions League campaigns in regards to that they have on paper one of the most talented squads, but experience wise it was none existent.

This is Belgiums fist tournament in years, the first for this group of players anyway I think and whilst it looks great on paper they have not only a lot of inexperienced players as a whole but they have a lot of young players that could feel the pressure being hyped on them.

We all know as England fans how the expectations of our so called golden generation arguably cost that generation, they either believed their own hype or couldn't handle the hype.

The Euros in France will be the tournament in which Belgium comes alive in my opinion.

Spain will still be there and make the final. So much strength in depth but they get figured out eventually.

Argentina make the semis but their lack of depth in defence and midfield let them down. (Despite the mighty Zab.)

Germany make the semis. As usual. No further. Not as good as 4 years ago.

Brazil have a tough time in the groups, but still get through fairly comfortably, despite the pressure from the locals. Then they get stronger. The likes of Fred and Jo (yes THAT Jo) start scoring while Neymar gets man-marked. Fernandinho becomes a major star and people wonder where he came from. Then they think; "well he was a bargain".

Brazil over Spain in the final.

Would love it to be Spain vs Argentina but it won't be. Also, Belgium flame out in the quarters after early promise. England will actually make it out of their group at the expense of an overrated Urugauy. Italy won't be any great shakes either. Chile will be the surprise SA team but won't get past the quarters.

Portugal make the quarters; no more. USA unfortunately will not make it out of their brutal group but only miss out by a point to Germany and Portugal after playing brilliantly.

France barely reach the knockout stage but fight among themselves and lose. Somewhere on a beach, Samir Nasri smiles.

Ivory Coast reach the quarters. Dutch go home after the group stages. Van Gaal thinking too much about the huge job ahead...

So after all that, while I want either Spain or Argentina to win it, I think that it will be Braaaa-sssilllll...

Chris in London said:
England to pass group stage but knocked out second round.

Spain, Belgium, Argentina & Brail to make Semis

Argentina to beat Spain in final

I would be sitting on the fence in that one if Zab, Kun and possibly Demichelis were trying to contain Merlin and Navas. That would certainly produce mixed feelings.

If Brazil win their group and Spain are runners up in theirs, which is highly possible (considering they have Holland and Chile), they meet in the last 16.

I fancy Chile to go far if they can avoid Brazil in the last 16.

I can see them finishing above Holland in Group B, but can they top Spain?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.