World Cup Semi FinalS

BigOscar said:
Blue Haze said:
taconinja said:
David Luiz is getting destroyed right now on US television. Brutal.

PSG fans must feel like shit right now.
I doubt it, as long as they don't have a clown of a manager and a clown of a leftback, they should be fine. Him and Silva have generally been pretty fantastic together for Brazil, a team with any structure about it should be able to cater for Luiz's runs forward without it being the complete debacle that Brazil were today.

He's a centre back. He can't defend. He's a clown. Everybody who has ever watched him in this country agrees he is a clown. What are you trying to say? Maybe we need the whole Brazil backline together to be effective? They were shit, and the main reason for that is that their players were Championship standard at best. Putting an Accrington Stanley player in a Brazil jersey doesn't make him any good. Just makes him an Accrington Stanley player in a Brazil jersey. The guy's a clown. End of.

Goodbye Brazil.

I know people here love to hate on them and gloat at their destruction but I didn't think they deserve all that. A lot of the political things that went on before the WC like the spending and corruption are beyond their control. I though as players they genuinely wanted to bring joy to the Brazilian fans.

Luiz and neymar gets a lot of hate here but let's not forget they have a beautiful side as ordinary human beings.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/is-this-the-cutest-pitch-invasion-ever-brazil-squad-embrace-young-south-african-fan-in-heartwarming-scenes-after-friendly-match-9172804.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 72804.html</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/worldcup/world-cup-video-2014-david-luiz-makes-young-brazil-fans-day-as-he-leaves-eightyearold-boy-in-tears-of-joy-9549138.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 49138.html</a>

Luiz 50 yard diagonal to hulk all game was stolen from city's 1998 play book. Except Luiz isn't as good as Andy Morrison and hulk is no Mark Kennedy.

Luiz is prone to errors but overall he is class. Personally I'd play him as a defensive mid so mistakes don't get exposed as much. He'll be fine at PSG.

Markt85 said:
Luiz is prone to errors but overall he is class. Personally I'd play him as a defensive mid so mistakes don't get exposed as much. He'll be fine at PSG.

Class because he'd get in the West Ham team? IMO he makes Phil Jones look the complete defender. He's totally crap mistake after mistake 50m PSG have been bent rite over foooooooools.

That's no disrespect to West Ham by the way.

2014+-+1

Germany were bloody good though, you have to admit.

Reminded me of Bayern at our place last season. Simple pass and move stuff, but much more direct that the spanish teams ever were, and devastatingly effective. I know Brazil helped them look good. But they were bloody good anyway.

I want and hope Argentina will win it but it's hard to see past Germany for me.

Markt85 said:

He's class in the sense that he's good on the ball, can play great passes, score great goals.

He's not class in the sense that he can't defend for shit, is shockingly ill-disciplined and a major liability at times.

I think he probably will be fine at PSG, because such is their dominance domestically, he won't be called upon to do much defending in approximately 90% of their matches. Whenever he is, and especially in Europe, he'll be found out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.