World Cup Semi FinalS

supercrystal7 said:
BigOscar said:
Blue Haze said:
PSG fans must feel like shit right now.
I doubt it, as long as they don't have a clown of a manager and a clown of a leftback, they should be fine. Him and Silva have generally been pretty fantastic together for Brazil, a team with any structure about it should be able to cater for Luiz's runs forward without it being the complete debacle that Brazil were today.
Luiz was very poor today and I feel sorry for him, but this post is still spot on. Luiz bursting forward is fine and actually creates chances, but you need a team that covers for it. When Luiz made his forward runs, one of the midfielders should have dropped back as a centre back. Hummels does it a lot for Dortmund and it works very well.

PSG will be fine next season defensively. The bigger issue for them is getting the wingers to track back.

I don't know what was wrong with Marcelo though. The sad thing is Felipe Luiz was not even in the squad.

Still surprised teams have been so stupid against Germany. The right hand side is where they destroy you with Lahm and Muller. The left hand side is where they are not only impotent due to Ozil and Howedes, but also weak defensively. That's the side to attack. Robben certainly will attack that side. Though Hummels is on that side and I am sure Schweinsteiger and Khedira will cover.

In what way do you feel sorry for him? Genuinely interested to know.

sh249 said:
supercrystal7 said:
BigOscar said:
I doubt it, as long as they don't have a clown of a manager and a clown of a leftback, they should be fine. Him and Silva have generally been pretty fantastic together for Brazil, a team with any structure about it should be able to cater for Luiz's runs forward without it being the complete debacle that Brazil were today.
Luiz was very poor today and I feel sorry for him, but this post is still spot on. Luiz bursting forward is fine and actually creates chances, but you need a team that covers for it. When Luiz made his forward runs, one of the midfielders should have dropped back as a centre back. Hummels does it a lot for Dortmund and it works very well.

PSG will be fine next season defensively. The bigger issue for them is getting the wingers to track back.

I don't know what was wrong with Marcelo though. The sad thing is Felipe Luiz was not even in the squad.

Still surprised teams have been so stupid against Germany. The right hand side is where they destroy you with Lahm and Muller. The left hand side is where they are not only impotent due to Ozil and Howedes, but also weak defensively. That's the side to attack. Robben certainly will attack that side. Though Hummels is on that side and I am sure Schweinsteiger and Khedira will cover.

He was crying he's eyes out after the game, genuinely upset Brazil got stuffed and he probably knew that he was a big reason for that drubbing.

Brasil-players totally collapsed after Germany scored their 2nd. Luiz lost hisresponsibillity to organize the backline and his players. Instead trying to save the country on his own, with Marcelo blindly following him. Fernandinho unfortunately was one of many victims.
The total collpase is understandable due to the masshysteria and absurd pressure. And treating the absence of especially Neymar as a worldly disaster. Brazil, the people and the players were simply not up for this WCin all aspects.

The Germans played well, but it was easy. It reminded me when United collapsed and we beat them 6-1, and when Spain collapsed when Holland beat them 5-1. And Germans are ruthless. It would be a big mistake from them to think they will put aside one of Holland or Argentina like this. Losing the final would make this historical game totally meaningless. And I hope it does, because the worst thing you can have is Germans smugging over their superiority.

Finally on Fernandinho, he will be in shock. No matter the chaos, he was clearly responsible for at least one goal. He needs to take a step back and City needs to take care when he starts playing for us again. But I would not be surprised if Fernandinho will use a lot of time to get back to his old. A lot of time, I'm afraid.

Markt85 said:
sh249 said:
supercrystal7 said:

He was crying he's eyes out after the game, genuinely upset Brazil got stuffed and he probably knew that he was a big reason for that drubbing.
Fair enough, didn't see that.

Still find it difficult to feel any genuine sympathy, though - not as if he was just unfortunate and made a couple of mistakes, his attitude and lack of professionalism throughout the game were shocking.

Chipmeister said:
Scholari must take a lot of blame for this as well, when you see the raising of Neymar shirt during the anthem I cringed for the country. What an embarrassment for them , the guy is injured not deceased set the tone for the shambles that unfolded.

It was straight from the dippers' manual of maudlin gestures.

Mentally, Brazil lost that match before kick off.

sir baconface said:
Chipmeister said:
Scholari must take a lot of blame for this as well, when you see the raising of Neymar shirt during the anthem I cringed for the country. What an embarrassment for them , the guy is injured not deceased set the tone for the shambles that unfolded.

They got Mullered. Schurrle the most embarrassing result in WC history. They weren't even Klose.......

"Brazil, its just like watching Brazil".

Might not be heard for a while, except as irony.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
sir baconface said:
Chipmeister said:

They got Mullered. Schurrle the most embarrassing result in WC history. They weren't even Klose.......

These puns are be-löw the belt

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.