World Cup Thread. Sun. 22nd June

JoeMercer'sWay said:
paulchapo said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Chill, Frank. Log off and go and have a beer, shoot someone or something. You'll feel so much better afterwards.

Come on the guy is hurting like fuck,his team have just had a great chance to progress snatched away at the death,give him a break eh?

hurting like fuck for the one time in 4 years he actually follows them before resorting back to supporting a team outside his own country, which seems a very strange thing for Americans, seeing as they don't like to share their own sports, probably because they know deep down they're not proper ones.

Listen pal, I have supported City since 1977 way before the internet and I was actually GOING to games in the 80's. Ask Ric who the first couple of people to actually post on Bluemoon were....

Frank the Yank said:
Its kind of like 4 years ago when we topped the group! I had to deal with a lot of total schmucks.......

We missed a GOLDEN opportunity to advance and played our guts out and showed A LOT of charecter. Its a shame some stupid actions in injury time did us in. If Germany DID have something to play for, we would be in for a whole lot of hurt and would probably get bounced. Now, the chance exists that both teams will go 50% and settle for a draw. Gerany tops the group and we advance to the round of 16. We were about 8-1 to do it.....
Mate, I was in the Bernabeu 2 seasons ago when we were 2-1 up with just a few minutes to go and you could see us drop off and let Madrid come at us, when all we needed to do was hold on to the ball and play out the game.

9rjg6.jpg

Frank the Yank said:
Its kind of like 4 years ago when we topped the group! I had to deal with a lot of total schmucks.......

We missed a GOLDEN opportunity to advance and played our guts out and showed A LOT of charecter. Its a shame some stupid actions in injury time did us in. If Germany DID have something to play for, we would be in for a whole lot of hurt and would probably get bounced. Now, the chance exists that both teams will go 50% and settle for a draw. Gerany tops the group and we advance to the round of 16. We were about 8-1 to do it.....

well, I hope you beat the Germans, it would be nice for you to have a proper, real victory over them, 69 years after the self-proclaimed one, in which you merely offered some "minor assistance"...

Prestwich_Blue said:
paulchapo said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Chill, Frank. Log off and go and have a beer, shoot someone or something. You'll feel so much better afterwards.

Come on the guy is hurting like fuck,his team have just had a great chance to progress snatched away at the death,give him a break eh?
I'm wholly sympathetic and trying to give him a break. Otherwise I'd have given him a few hours off to calm down.
So JMW either deliberately WUM's the Americans, or slags off their support and makes assumptions about their following for their national team and it's Frank's fault? I'm English but if JMW is being serious with his generalisation and remarks then he's got some issues he needs to sort out with America and himself.

BongoBlue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Frank the Yank said:
What are you talking about?? You just cannot help yourself with your not so clever digs. I sick to death of jerk offs like you.

Surprised at you Prestwich to be honest...

Oh please fuck off.

I don't get that many chances.

taconinja said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
paulchapo said:

hurting like fuck for the one time in 4 years he actually follows them before resorting back to supporting a team outside his own country, which seems a very strange thing for Americans, seeing as they don't like to share their own sports, probably because they know deep down they're not proper ones.
You know what man? I would appreciate if you would restrict your shots to Frank instead of a whole lot of us.
I'd appreciate it if he would restrict his shots full stop. It's late and I want to go to sleep.

Prestwich_Blue said:
taconinja said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
You know what man? I would appreciate if you would restrict your shots to Frank instead of a whole lot of us.
I'd appreciate it if he would restrict his shots full stop. It's late and I want to go to sleep.
Fair enough. I'm going to drink a lot of wine.

Prestwich_Blue said:
taconinja said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

You're no fun...alright I'm done, Frank's easy to toy with, being so pent up and all...

Oof. Tough one that. Still, at the start of the tournament and you give me 4pts after two matches I'm biting your hand off. So proud of the team to fight back from a goal down and take the lead. Disappointed right now but ultimately I will take it. That's football and why we love it.

And finally, wow what a tournament! My first was WC94 and this is just blowing everything away. Carry on!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.