World Cup VAR

What I was wondering though was whether it was actually correcting ref mistakes or whether refs just were not making decisions and waiting for VAR to make them.

No. The refs are only human. To see some of these penalty decisions shown for VAR shows how nyon impossible it is for Refs in real time - they are finally getting help which has been needed for a long time.

No. The refs are only human. To see some of these penalty decisions shown for VAR shows how nyon impossible it is for Refs in real time - they are finally getting help which has been needed for a long time.

I think I heard one of the commentators say that linesmen had been told not to flag unless it is absolutely blatant and then let VAR sort it out.

I haven't seen every game but so far I think I have only seen VAR overturn decisions not given, rather than correct decisions made in error by the ref. That may suggest refs are doing something similar, whether with official approval or without.

yep, those against VAR must feel bitter when a decision that would not normally have been given now makes the correct outcome - it's making the game fairer.
Those against VAR as you put it are more likely to be those hoping we get the best VAR we can, without fairly blatant inconsistencies and loopholes which will undoubtedly be exploited.

Those in favour if VAR quick to point out when one fairly obvious one ( Sweden ) is correct but nowhere to be seen when it comes to the Swiss goal or the Jesus pen last night or the rugby tackle in Kane. Where the f was VAR then ? Too much being left to clowns with machines who don' know the game.

I’ve wanted to give it every chance and defended it to the hilt but when Kane’s incident gets no referral then it’s obvious that it’s absolutely pointless.

It was a poor effort at a Rock bottom to be fair.

giphy.gif

The rules need to be written on what constitutes a foul.

That said, no matter what is written, Griezmann's will never be a penalty and Kane's will never not be a penalty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.