World Cup VAR

yep, those against VAR must feel bitter when a decision that would not normally have been given now makes the correct outcome - it's making the game fairer.

exactly correct. is it perfect right now, no clearly not. But it's improved by a massive margin correct decisions. Surely that is the most important thing.

I just don't get why people don't see/want that.

The use in the Swedish game shows, If it's done in the right way it is brilliant. Yes there is teething problems but car can only be a good thing in my opinion.

What I was wondering though was whether it was actually correcting ref mistakes or whether refs just were not making decisions and waiting for VAR to make them.

I do get your point. What I would say, in the world cup if they get it wrong its probably a genuine mistake. Not many prejudice's you wouldn't think. unlike the Premiership where that pen would be given to united or Liverpool without any debate first time around. While for other teams, it would be explained away as the ref had a bad angle, to be sure so it's one of those could go either way...

what VAR does, is take that get out away as a quick review in the vast majority of instances gives a clear decision. as city fans I just do t get how anyone of us wouldn't want it. It's going to level the playing field big style. There's a reason the rags and Liverpool are against it... They know how much it will harm them.​

You were IMPLYING that I only want City to get the correct decisions, which wasnt the case. It was an example.
How many seconds did it take from the ref deciding it wasnt a penalty and the ball being given as a goal kick, dont think there is enough time for a manager to see its not a penalty and then review it. Its not like American football or cricket, where there are breaks in play to review it.
What happens if the ball doesnt go out of play, do you just stop the game which opens another can of worms

Fortunately, or unfortunately, for you, I had this same argument 7 years ago. It doesn't matter if the incident is challenged, at the time. The oppo could go and score a goal; it wouldn't matter. Technically speaking, the challenge went in at a dead ball situation. A goal, therefore after, is another dead ball situation. The review system, at the moment, uses 'dead ball' as a place to review. Under this scenario, assuming the ref can't a player, the fourth official can hear a manager in their lughole! The challenge has gone in and if proved correct, the 'goal' scored by the oppo wouldn't count anyway! It's a bit like being offside in the run up. Wouldn't matter if the goal was scored, it gets rectified.

BUT, the ref can call a game to a stop at their discretion, can they not? Just because play begins straight away, doesn't mean a ref can't halt the game there and then. No meaningful build up has happened, so there's no 'outcome' to ruin.

But, nowt's perfect.

What bothers you about improving an imperfect game to a better standard of imperfection...??

Fuck me, you're at it as well. Can nobody on this forum reply to a post without calling names? Expected a bit better from you Bigga.
And the answer to your question is, 'no', due to the fact that they don't use the 'appeals system' you suggested.

I didn't call you names, Stoner.

I reserve that right for outstanding idiots...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.