Worst And Best Cities You've Visited.

Chicago very good (don't go in harsh winter though). Although not on coast it has 7 miles of sandy beaches on shores of Lake Michigan. Great skyscrapers, free museums (on certain weekdays - Science including a working coal mine and U-boat), great aquarium), artworks cemented into ground, great music scene, friendly natives etc..etc)

Miami - upscale resort (including 20 miles beach area extending past Fort Lauderdale), districts like Little Havana - Cuban enclave) - really the American Riviera). Proximity to the Florida keys including Key West.

Las Vegas - away from glitter surrounding areas worth a visit. Valley of Fire and Red Rock canyon national parks, Hoover dam, Mont Charleston, Grand canyon not too far.

Benidorm and Blackpool??!!

Calling @Two Gun Bob
Gods country is the Dorm with fun filled merriment and mirth for all. A few interesting snippets for anyone remotely interested in its culture and history.

A chap by gthe name of Pedro Zargoza was widely credited with inventing the good old package holiday. The mayor of what was back then a sleepy fishing village, believed that the dorm had huge potential to become a hit with visitorsand I do like a man with hindsight.

He was also responsible for Benidorms totally unique layout. He realised that by building upwards, people could be nearer the beach and have their own balconies and views of the sea. During the later half of the 1960's it underwent another huge transformation with the rise of the British tour operator and the rest is, as we say istory

According to the World Health Organization Beni and the wider Costa Blanca is one of the healthiest places in Europe. It cited Benidorm’s winning combination of a balanced microclimate, year-round sunshine and an appealing geographical location. Who am I to argue with such an informative agency as the WHO.

I could chat lots of defensive shit about the Pool but it would take up too much of Riculas's bandwidth and besides Im busy sunning my carcas under a mid day mallorcan sun. Mallorcas another place that gets stick by the bucketfull by those irritable lovies that spend their lifeforce boring locals with ridiculously long winded questions and small talk, instead of gliding down the amber nectar and dancing the dance.

I have to go now as we are having a game of bools with our new french chums jean claude and monette. Au revoir et bonnet le douche.

Last edited:
Gods country is the Dorm with fun filled merriment and mirth for all. A few interesting snippets for anyone remotely interested in its culture and history.

A chap by gthe name of Pedro Zargoza was widely credited with inventing the good old package holiday. The mayor of what was back then a sleepy fishing village, believed that the dorm had huge potential to become a hit with visitorsand I do like a man with hindsight.

He was also responsible for Benidorms totally unique layout. He realised that by building upwards, people could be nearer the beach and have their own balconies and views of the sea. During the later half of the 1960's it underwent another huge transformation with the rise of the British tour operator and the rest is, as we say istory

According to the World Health Organization Beni and the wider Costa Blanca is one of the healthiest places in Europe. It cited Benidorm’s winning combination of a balanced microclimate, year-round sunshine and an appealing geographical location. Who am I to argue with such an informative agency as the WHO.

I could chat lots of defensive shit about the Pool but it would take up too much of Riculas's bandwidth and besides Im busy sunning my carcas under a mid day mallorcan sun. Mallorcas another place that gets stick by the bucketfull by those irritable lovies that spend their lifeforce boring locals with ridiculously long winded questions and small talk, instead of gliding down the amber nectar and dancing the dance.

I have to now as we are having a game of bools with our new french chums jean claude and monette. Au revoire mon ami et bonnet le douche.
boules.

23 Pages and no mention of Derby as a worst city? Totally non-descript place full of knuckle draggers with a Nottingham inferiority complex.
Walked out of the train station in Derby about ten years ago and thought I had stumbled into a 1970s movie shoot. Fur coats and sheepskin everywhere. Pretty sure there was a shit brown Austin Allegro also.

It's expensive and has become a lads destination, overrated.
It’s expensive alright but if you stay out of the theme park that is Temple Bar, it’s still a decent night out. Plenty of nice coastal villages outside the centre too.

Best I’ve been to:
Buenos Aires, Barcelona ( cliched but it’s simply amazing on most metrics) Florence and Munich
Worst: Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Milan
Overrated: Rome, Edinburgh

I like Manchester a lot, being a johnny foreigner.
Also Hamburg is great.

I hated Bangalore, and Las Vegas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.