Worst And Best Cities You've Visited.

Best Copenhagen, Lisbon, Vienna & New York
Worst Berlin , Liverpool & Sofia
Off to Copenhagen for a few days soon, looking forward to seeing it. Might get the train across to Malmo as well since it's so close.

My addition to the best list is Utrecht. Much more chilled than Amsterdam and quite a small centre that's easy to wander around

I've been lucky to travel to a hell of a lot of places down the years and the one city that stands out head n shoulders above the others is Sydney. Absolutely the best place on the planet for me. So geared up for family,sport and beer :) The travel system is amazing and the beaches second to none. And if you invest a bit of time with the locals,they're decent people. Unbelievable place! Worst..Mmm It's not a city, but took my little girl to Pickafort in Majorca about 5 years ago. They were the most horrible people I've ever encountered! Ignorant,rude and really hated the English. I'll never visit Majorca again. Worst City? Don't really have one tbh, although I'm not a big fan of London.
Difficult to assimilate, as you get out of a place what you put in, you can return time and time again yet still find areas of interest you've never peviously explored, the same with the locals. Did they all say to a man they hated the English or is that just your interpretation from service personally recieved? Your loss mate to never visit again, as it's a beautiful vibrant place filled with beautiful vibrant people. Stereotypical to find bad in all, from a previous encounter.

Re Picafort: pretty township with a a nice promendade stretching from Son Baula to the bounderies of Alcudia. Predominantly German oriantated but a fair share of other nationalies. Slightly on the expensive side compared to Santa Ponsa and Palma Nova ETC but seek and you shall find. Been here five days and everyones been nothing but polite and ameniable in every engagement made. But then again why wouldnt they be, as we are being farmed as a cash crop, so suprised you encountered anti British retoric as a tourist in the Balearics. It seems a silly notion to bite the hand that feeds you.

Last edited:
Difficult to assimilate as you get out of a place what you put in, you can return again and again yet still find areas of interest you've never before explored, the same with the locals. Did they all say to a man they hated the English or is that just your interpretation from service personally recieved? Your loss mate to never visit Mallorca again, as it's a beautiful vibrant place filled with beautiful vibrant people. Stereotypical twaddle to find bad in all from one or more previous encounters.

Re Picafort: Beautiul township with a a nice promendade stretching from Son Baula to the bounderies of Alcudia. Predominantly German oriantated but a fair share of other nationalies. Slightly on the expensive side compared to Santa Ponsa and Palma Nova ETC but seek and you shall find. Been here five days and everyones been nothing but polite and ameniable in every engagement made. But then again why wouldnt they be, as were being farmed for a cash crop, so suprised you encountered anti British retoric as a tourist to the Balearics. It seems a silly notion to bite the hand that feeds you.
Enjoy your trip Bob. I look forward to stories of Penistone shaped swimming pools.

Difficult to assimilate as you get out of a place what you put in, you can return again and again yet still find areas of interest you've never before explored, the same with the locals. Did they all say to a man they hated the English or is that just your interpretation from service personally recieved? Your loss mate to never visit Mallorca again, as it's a beautiful vibrant place filled with beautiful vibrant people. Stereotypical twaddle to find bad in all from one or more previous encounters.

Re Picafort: Beautiul township with a a nice promendade stretching from Son Baula to the bounderies of Alcudia. Predominantly German oriantated but a fair share of other nationalies. Slightly on the expensive side compared to Santa Ponsa and Palma Nova ETC but seek and you shall find. Been here five days and everyones been nothing but polite and ameniable in every engagement made. But then again why wouldnt they be, as were being farmed for a cash crop, so suprised you encountered anti British retoric as a tourist to the Balearics. It seems a silly notion to bite the hand that feeds you.
I can only speak from my own experience Bob. I'm very broad minded and don't take things to heart, but the treatment we received from getting off the plane to getting back on the plane was horrendous. But like you say, everybodies experience of one place can be the polar opposite of the next person. I'm seeing people on here slag places I've been and think are great,but each to their own hey.

Off to Copenhagen for a few days soon, looking forward to seeing it. Might get the train across to Malmo as well since it's so close.
Yes, definitely get the train to Malmo, it's well worth it.

We only spent 5 hours in Malmo, but at least we can say we've been to Sweden now! The train ride itself over the Oresund Bridge is excellent, there's a nice little square in the city centre. We then wandered through a nice looking park that had a windmill and headed to the beach. From there you get great views of Copenhagen, the bridge and Scandanavia's tallest building, the Turning Torso (actyually just read the tallest building record was taken by somewhere else in September 2022).

Yes, definitely get the train to Malmo, it's well worth it.

We only spent 5 hours in Malmo, but at least we can say we've been to Sweden now! The train ride itself over the Oresund Bridge is excellent, there's a nice little square in the city centre. We then wandered through a nice looking park that had a windmill and headed to the beach. From there you get great views of Copenhagen, the bridge and Scandanavia's tallest building, the Turning Torso (actyually just read the tallest building record was taken by somewhere else in September 2022).
Getting to do two countries in one trip was half the appeal! Hopefully the weather is good enough for a trip to the beach

I can only speak from my own experience Bob. I'm very broad minded and don't take things to heart, but the treatment we received from getting off the plane to getting back on the plane was horrendous. But like you say, everybodies experience of one place can be the polar opposite of the next person. I'm seeing people on here slag places I've been and think are great,but each to their own hey.
I did think you were fly fishing for a bite as it was a bit coincidental, and here was me rushing this morning to log in, delete and escape your keep net : /

What do you mean coincidental pal ?Am I missing something? I was totally on the level.
I recently posted about a TUI deal to Can Picafort that was for pennies, so when you called out Can Picafort as a worst city to visit, I presumed you may have been fishing. So when I woke this morning the first thing I thought was get hook out of my mouth .. very very coincidental but fair does if you were on the level.

It's not a resort we would have selected in Mallorca, but as we play TUI roulette heres where we sit. Pretty enough but arn't they all in the Balaerics. Would I recomend Picafort? Why yes if a good deal was forthcoming.

Sorry to here you had a mare of a time but surely all of the townsfolk cant have been antisocial toward you, or was it the other tourists?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.