Worst And Best Cities You've Visited.

Best: New York, Paris, Lyon, Oviedo, Munich, Berlin. Dublin. Glasgow. Manchester( I had a brilliant time, not sooking up to you fuckers.)

Worst: Mumbai, Warsaw, Barrow.

Best: Vancouver, Kyoto, Vienna, Porto.

Worst: Charlotte, Salt Lake City, Strasbourg, Leeds.

OT if any of you have good recommendations for Rome beside the normal well-known stuff, I’m headed there in October for a delayed 30th wedding anniversary trip. Been all over in Italy but never there oddly.
SLC might be a little bland but it's a lot better since the Olympics. Probably the best skiing in the US arounf there

Helsinki is probably my favourite.
Big enough to have lots of things to do. But small enough to get around on foot. Safe and friendly Finns.

Caracas would be the worst - basically because it’s just so bloody dangerous. So no chance to actually get to see anything of it as any foreigner is very likely to be mugged in 5 minutes flat

SLC might be a little bland but it's a lot better since the Olympics. Probably the best skiing in the US arounf there

Salt Lake City centre must be one of the safest places! I wouldn't have it anywhere near 'worst'.

Liked Mexico City central strip - at Halloween it was completely bonkers but felt quite safe.

I think that may be Cairo - concrete hell, takes forever to get anywhere, and a lot worse since unregulated building after the revolt there.

Didn't actually go to Caracas when in Venezuela but the mugging threat was very true when I was there - even in daylight, lock the car doors and don't stop at red lights unless right in Caracas centre.

Salt Lake City centre must be one of the safest places! I wouldn't have it anywhere near 'worst'.

Liked Mexico City central strip - at Halloween it was completely bonkers but felt quite safe.

I think that may be Cairo - concrete hell, takes forever to get anywhere, and a lot worse since unregulated building after the revolt there.

Didn't actually go to Caracas when in Venezuela but the mugging threat was very true when I was there - even in daylight, lock the car doors and don't stop at red lights unless right in Caracas centre.
I wasn’t thinking of safety — I was thinking of whether I enjoy it, and since I’m not the biggest skier, I am left with a city built on a loony Christian cult where little business is transacted outside of it even today, a lake that smells awful certain times of year, a paucity of greenery compared to other mountain cities and towns in the American west, and very little charm not to mention relatively few things to do I can’t do better in other towns. Now Zion, Arches — amazing national parks but they are way far away.

I wasn’t thinking of safety — I was thinking of whether I enjoy it, and since I’m not the biggest skier, I am left with a city built on a loony Christian cult where little business is transacted outside of it even today, a paucity of greenery compared to other mountain cities and towns in the American west, and very little charm not to mention relatively few things to do I can’t do better in other towns. Now Zion, Arches — amazing national parks but they are way far away.
I used to think that but have over the last few years realised that the City itself isn't too bad. Witnessed maybe 500 bicycles riding arounf the center with lights and music blaring, cops were really laid back. There are loads of music venues and a lot of acts visiting. Found some fun bars and good restaurants. North and south of the downtown is just a huge expanse of built out blandness. I agree with you about it's crazy religious start, no fan of mormonism

I used to think that but have over the last few years realised that the City itself isn't too bad. Witnessed maybe 500 bicycles riding arounf the center with lights and music blaring, cops were really laid back. There are loads of music venues and a lot of acts visiting. Found some fun bars and good restaurants. North and south of the downtown is just a huge expanse of built out blandness. I agree with you about it's crazy religious start, no fan of mormonism
I suppose I could have picked Cleveland which is horrible or Fresno or something but I won Jim Rome’s Huge Fax contest 25 years ago with a SLC rant so it always sticks in my mind :)

I wasn’t thinking of safety — I was thinking of whether I enjoy it, and since I’m not the biggest skier, I am left with a city built on a loony Christian cult where little business is transacted outside of it even today, a lake that smells awful certain times of year, a paucity of greenery compared to other mountain cities and towns in the American west, and very little charm not to mention relatively few things to do I can’t do better in other towns. Now Zion, Arches — amazing national parks but they are way far away.

Only been there at the start and end of a loop up to Yellowstone and Jackson and down to Moab. Arches Park is wonderful, but I don't have anywhere much else to compare it to in the US.

So we only had 2 evenings and half a day in the city - still preferable to Cairo!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.