Worst And Best Cities You've Visited.

Most people there are welcoming but the sprawls, sparseness between old villages and the lack of the true historic buildings doesn't help. The stylistic rebuilds of old places, remained since the Cultural Revolution definitely is a blight on cities green from villages.

The countryside and the hidden or well wandered areas away from cities are a godsend. Shangri-la, Kunming, Lhasa, etc have been rebuilt following convenient fires... but retain character. Actually, found most northern remote regions truly fascinating.
I am in Inner Mongolia province at the moment. (Dongshengmaio).
In some ways it's like going back in time about 60 years, to my childhood.
The people are so warm hearted, it's quite moving at times.

I am in Inner Mongolia province at the moment. (Dongshengmaio).
In some ways it's like going back in time about 60 years, to my childhood.
The people are so warm hearted, it's quite moving at times.

I visited Manzhouli in deepest darkest winter so didn't see enough people. It felt like Oldham in summer.

Gansu is stunning. Ningxia, I didn't know until walking that way in 2021. There to the border of Inner Mongolia was a different world.

Most people there are welcoming but the sprawls, sparseness between old villages and the lack of the true historic buildings doesn't help. The stylistic rebuilds of old places, remained since the Cultural Revolution definitely is a blight on cities green from villages.
This is a problem in most of East Asia. I was surprised when I went to Kyoto. The stuff you see on pictures is only a small part of the city, but the rest is a complete mishmash of different building types. Very different to historical cities in Europe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.