Worst And Best Cities You've Visited.

Yet Hamburg is such a popular destination for stags. There were three groups going last time I was there when I worked for Bauer.

Düsseldorf is much better as many Euro Away Blues know.

My favourites - Capetown, Helsinki, Windhoek, Savannah, ReykjavIk, Gaborone. Special mention for Pointe Noire because that’s where I was when I found out about the takeover.

The worst - Lome, Kinshasa and Bangui - all wildly unsafe, Chittagong in Bangladesh was the dirtiest, New York and Paris the least friendly.

Birmingham is a bit shite. The locals also appear to be the product of incest.

I stayed a fortnight in Istanbul in the mid 80s just as it was taking off economically. Fantastic City, very friendly and helpful locals. Excellent food. Some great monuments etc.: Topkapi, Pierre Lotti’s cafe and The Golden Horn, mosques, Sea of Marmara with its beautiful islands.
Pity Erdogan has wrecked it all.

Tainan in Taiwan is lovely, and very safe. The historic Anping area is nice, right by the seaside and some great little cafes and visitor attractions off the beaten track. The main city isn’t too busy or expensive and has some amazing restaurants and a good street food culture, particularly in the evenings.

Taipei is nice too though huge and needs a few days to see it all. The ‘Just Sleep’ hotel next to NTU campus is worth staying, good food and decent rooms. Easy transport in Taipei on its MRT underground trains, on time to the second and very clean, if a little crowded at peak times.

Best: Vancouver, Kyoto, Vienna, Porto.

Worst: Charlotte, Salt Lake City, Strasbourg, Leeds.

OT if any of you have good recommendations for Rome beside the normal well-known stuff, I’m headed there in October for a delayed 30th wedding anniversary trip. Been all over in Italy but never there oddly.

Best: Sevilla, Kathmandu, Istanbul, Mostar
Worst: Barcelona, Vancouver, Split

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.