Worst away days

Wycombe Wanderers away midweek. We didn't have a shot on target for 85 minutes.
We even took the piss by singing about it.
That was the League Cup game which finished 0-0 and we won the second leg. We also played there in the third division and lost 1-0. I was in the home bit for that game and the locals were gloating slightly.

The Cardiff cup defeat in 1994 was horrendous, but started well with the news Swales had agreed to sell the club to Francis Lee. - And that turned out so bloody well.

Usual suspects already been named, and although this would not even be in the top 5 for me, relative to the time Southampton away in the cup last January wasn't great - long old journey midweek, loads of non City fans in the away end (not so much the tourists but definitely a few Portsmouth fans near me), dumped out of the cup to a proper shit team with an arsehole manager and it ended up being a bit of a graveyard for a few City's players careers that night - Cancelo, Laporte, Gomez, Phillips, Palmer all started and were never really trusted again.

Southampton away under keegan.
Got beat 2-0. Should have been about
8-0.
Players came over at the end to clap fans and were told very clearly to go away.
Yep, i was there.
It was that shite, after the 2nd half kicked off we did a Conga into the stand and down towards the pitch.
We were that pissed, we still had our pints
Police & stewards stopped us all and took our drinks away and pushed us back
No sense of humour these southeners

Yes that was some disappointment. Massive following, great atmosphere and the more chances we missed (or the more times we hit the woodwork) the more inevitable the defeat became.

Digging out the keeper Steve Cherry?? for his weight certainly came back to bite us and Tommy Johnson was electric on the flanks.

I remember thinking on the way back we might sign him but needless to say we never bothered and he went to Villa.

Fucking Gary Lund 89 minutes and we actually played well that day

Yes that was some disappointment. Massive following, great atmosphere and the more chances we missed (or the more times we hit the woodwork) the more inevitable the defeat became.

Digging out the keeper Steve Cherry?? for his weight certainly came back to bite us and Tommy Johnson was electric on the flanks.

I remember thinking on the way back we might sign him but needless to say we never bothered and he went to Villa.
Top fella Steve Cherry and despite us thinking it, our name certainly wasn't on the cup that year !!

I spoke to Steve on Tales of Blue regarding that game last year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.