Worst away days

Yep, i was there.
It was that shite, after the 2nd half kicked off we did a Conga into the stand and down towards the pitch.
We were that pissed, we still had our pints
Police & stewards stopped us all and took our drinks away and pushed us back
No sense of humour these southeners
I was at the Southampton match.

Besides the Blackburn FA Cup game, a couple that come to mind are West Ham, in the mid-seventies, where it was so violent & intimidating in the ground, we left before kick-off and went back into central London. I've no idea what the result was.

Another was Swansea away on New Year's Day 2013, which was a 12:30 kick off. I was in Bristol for New Year so got the train there. We won, but the heavens opened near the end of the game and we got absolutely sodden walking back to the station.

One taht sticks in the mind probably Mel Machin days.Hull City midweek lost 3-0 I think.Blues so disillusioned that when Lakey came on as sub and showed some outstanding skill on the ball City fans reacted not with appause but with sarcasm.
Night afterwatched the u18s get beaten at home by Burnley in the lamcashire Youth up.How times have changed!

Do you remember how tightly packed we were behind the goal?
The worst police behaviour I have seen at that match. Forcing City fans (including me) back into a packed enclosure, goading and taunting us trying to provoke a fight. They were just thugs in uniforms and to think that was after what happened at Hillsborough. They treated football fans (most of whom were not trouble-makers) like animals back then.

Besides the Blackburn FA Cup game, a couple that come to mind are West Ham, in the mid-seventies, where it was so violent & intimidating in the ground, we left before kick-off and went back into central London. I've no idea what the result was.

Another was Swansea away on New Year's Day 2013, which was a 12:30 kick off. I was in Bristol for New Year so got the train there. We won, but the heavens opened near the end of the game and we got absolutely sodden walking back to the station.
I was at West Ham in 1971 &1977 only saw a handful of City fans
Maybe I got there after it kicked of
Mick Doyle was injured in 1977 and was sat on team bus on his own waiting for the rest of the team I got on the coach & had a chat with him for a few minutes

1983 2nd Division in the Autumn.
Newcastle 5 City 0

Bus was attacked before and after the game. All ticket game but still a mob of Geordies in our end kicking off.
I dread to think what they'd have done to us had we drawn......
The only ground I visited and swore I'd never go back to - and i have never been since!
This the one when when the coach driver stopped at the lights near the station, someone told him to put his foot down, he replied the lights are on red you dickhead, huge mob of Geordies came running towards the coach launching bottles, bricks and pots, driver soon put his foot down and went through on red, ha ha happy days those Railway trips, absolutely mental after the game as they came at us down the hill from the park.

Everton mid 80s, maybe 86 ish, lost 4-0 Linaker scored about about 7, it was absolutely baltic standing behind the goals with eyes level with the pitch. The train got bricked at Edge Hill and arrived back at Victoria like it had just come through a war zone, oh and Granada Reports were there to film it getting back too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.