Worst away days

The list is endless but as others have said Halifax,Boro in the cups and the 8-1.Derby 6 nil.Brighton 4-1.
Rags 5 nil.Dippers under Ball.
Had some grim days at Charlton 5 and 4 nils.The one that stands out is the Palace drubbing in the league cup 1/4 final that was the day i thought we would never ever win anything again.Thats why we need to gain perspective as what we are witnessing now will end but makes up for the years of dross.

Some awful memories of away trips being brought up here.

Ignoring raggy games my top three are probably Boro' 8-1, Blackburn in the cup & the 6-0 at Derby.

I'd like to give mention (for the running battles and dog during the game and driving home) to a Boro' League Cup loss when any cup success would do.

@melrose40yarder I was at Palace. 95 95 I think????
Dim times.
Went full of hope; came back full of anger.

I gave Beagrie sh*t loads for going down and limping for last 20 minutes or so.
Following day it was confirmed he'd got a fracture of the Tibia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Journey home was a shocker. Mate drove and got lost, proper lost.
Ended up near Westminster and we were surrounded by cops with guns!!!!!!
Parliament was still in session with a late night debate.
It was at the height of the troubles.

One guy dressed like Robocop approached the car and asked my mate what we were doing?.
He said; 'looking for the M1'.
Cop said; 'what's the M1?'
He replied; 'it's a long road to the North!!!!'
I was pissing myself!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blackburn FA Cup quarter final defeat was a proper low as well. Really thought we'd win. Didn't turn up and lost 2-0.
Also they had a man sent off.
Saw a fair bit of Blue on Blue.

Yes the Palace 1/4 final under Brian Horton. High hopes of reaching our first semi final since ‘81. Half time 0-0, then the goals flew in for a 4-0 defeat.

Blackpool away 1999, sometime in January.
Freezing fuckin cold, midday kick off, shite match, we didn't have one shot on target I'm sure, stood in a stand what can only be described as a scrap yard.

Had a great weekend in Blackapulco though.
I was there. Made a weekend of it, shit match, but great weekend!

Boro in 2008 , Wigan 4-0 loss in 2006 but one that sticks out is the 5-0 defeat at Highbury in 2000, left ground and heavens opened then came to a stop on M1 near Luton on way home and never moved for about 3 hours

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.