Worst away days

The list is endless but as others have said Halifax,Boro in the cups and the 8-1.Derby 6 nil.Brighton 4-1.
Rags 5 nil.Dippers under Ball.
Had some grim days at Charlton 5 and 4 nils.The one that stands out is the Palace drubbing in the league cup 1/4 final that was the day i thought we would never ever win anything again.Thats why we need to gain perspective as what we are witnessing now will end but makes up for the years of dross.
That Palace game, it was nil nil at half time.
One of the worst journeys to get there too.
Stadium was a bit of a dump then, and it hasn't changed since that game nearly 30 years ago.

Remember it well
Half of South Wales turned up that day
Kicking off before During and after too
Bit of a mad day, Cardiff let fans have 4 tickets each so every nutter in south wales was out for it and there was loads of trouble, my first Man city game and they became my second team.

One of the funniest examples of gallows humour I witnessed was a 4-1 thumping at Grimsby in 1984 if memory serves, where a City fan gestured 'handcuff me' to the local police.
Walking back to the train and the police held the Grimsby fans back to let us through. Amongst all the heckling and chuckling a voice boomed out from amongst them " SEE THA NEXT YEAR"

Horrible fuckers Cardiff.
Along with The Rags, I was told that these are the only groups of fans Wealdstone won't host again for a Wembley visit.
not sure why?, we used Wealdstone for Cardiffs last visit to Wembley and there was no trouble or bad behaviour that I saw or heard of. if i remember correctly they were advertising for Cardiff fans to use them weeks before and that would of been the fourth time they hosted us

Walsall away in the cup round about 63/64. Cost us about 1/3d for the train from Piccadilly but it was in the midst of the big freeze and there weren't many grounds which had underfloor heating. Game was called off, we had to trail down to Piccadilly to get our 1/3d back and then the game was scheduled for a Wednesday - it might also have been a 3pm ko! I shall research 'n see if the memory cells have come good again. Won't be bad for a seventy odd year gap!

Jeez, didn't get played until the 6th March - but eleven thousand odd turned up and we battered 'em - 1-0. Scorer? Why, Alex Harley!

Last edited:
Southampton away under keegan.
Got beat 2-0. Should have been about
8-0.
Players came over at the end to clap fans and were told very clearly to go away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.