Worst City players you remember

Controversial opinion - I thought Bradbury had turned a bit of a corner just before we sold him and was a little disappointed to see him go!
Had several conversations with Lee Bradbury last summer - really, really good guy.

We spoke about his time at City and he was very humble to be fair. He explained that his agent had called him with the chance of a move and he was really happy about it. But looking back now, he said he was very young, he'd just left the army and had just had an excellent goal-scoring season at Portsmouth. With the confidence of youth, he thought life would always be easy as a footballer.

He had the choice of three clubs to join at the time, us, Celtic and one other (can't remember who it was, but it was definitely a team down south).

When he played in his first pre-season game he was buzzing, he scored from a Kinkladze cross on a plate and admitted that he thought that he'd made the right move. Everything was going well. But once the real games started and after not performing the way he wanted to, the pressure grew; he felt under enormous pressure being at a much bigger club. Things didn't work out for him and they just became worse the longer it went on.

To be fair to him he was really honest and said that he puts most of that down to his mentality and age at the time. Looking back he felt he took to move far too soon and just couldn't handle the pressure and expectation of playing for City, even back then.

I can tell you that he was really hoping for us to win the title last year and was gutted when we went out to Madrid in the Champs League. Still looks out for us and still speaks really highly of us. Absolute Top Man and a true gent.

I thought Bony was half-decent early on at City but he caught malaria in Africa and lost all his strength and pace.
We'll never know if he could ever be as prolific as he was with Swansea but the illness must have played some part in his decline.
Supposedly there was a premier league footballer who's mistress fell pregnant at the time Bony was with us
Whichever footballer it was, it will really have affected their personal life and in turn their football form

Gerry Creaney, Robert Hopkins and Michael Frontseck are stand our duds! To think that we got rid of Paul Walsh & brought in Creaney, mind blowing!

Had several conversations with Lee Bradbury last summer - really, really good guy.

We spoke about his time at City and he was very humble to be fair. He explained that his agent had called him with the chance of a move and he was really happy about it. But looking back now, he said he was very young, he'd just left the army and had just had an excellent goal-scoring season at Portsmouth. With the confidence of youth, he thought life would always be easy as a footballer.

He had the choice of three clubs to join at the time, us, Celtic and one other (can't remember who it was, but it was definitely a team down south).

When he played in his first pre-season game he was buzzing, he scored from a Kinkladze cross on a plate and admitted that he thought that he'd made the right move. Everything was going well. But once the real games started and after not performing the way he wanted to, the pressure grew; he felt under enormous pressure being at a much bigger club. Things didn't work out for him and they just became worse the longer it went on.

To be fair to him he was really honest and said that he puts most of that down to his mentality and age at the time. Looking back he felt he took to move far too soon and just couldn't handle the pressure and expectation of playing for City, even back then.

I can tell you that he was really hoping for us to win the title last year and was gutted when we went out to Madrid in the Champs League. Still looks out for us and still speaks really highly of us. Absolute Top Man and a true gent.
Yeah there have been worse than him. The price tag didn’t help. When Bradbury was in the army - pre football - he did a 6 month tour of Northern Ireland. This was the early 90s when things were still rough. Apparently it was a tough tour. Anyone who does that has bottle imo. He left City and did quite well back at Portsmouth I think. Sometimes it just doesn’t work out for whatever reason.

In other news, Laurent Charvet!

Gerry Creaney, Robert Hopkins and Michael Frontseck are stand our duds! To think that we got rid of Paul Walsh & brought in Creaney, mind blowing!
Creaney for Walsh. Creaney was a fat lazy tab-smoking ale drinking Glasgow taxi driver and no mistake but Walsh gave interviews around the time that he wasn't up to playing in Prem any more due to age so losing him wasn't the bad part of the deal (IIRC he was poor most of the second half of 1994/1995 due to injury/ old age.)

The worst player is one i cant name as i know he is a proper blue and possibly reads BM.

The worst who wont read bluemoon is Jo - the lad was gash. Rumours that his figures were bumped in the Russian league to make a big profit must be true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.